Must L supply oven in let property?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Must L supply oven in let property?

do landlords have to supply a oven when letting a property?

Do you mean a cooker (i.e. a free standing cooker) or do you mean an oven in a fitted kitched which has a separate hob?

Generally, you do not have to supply a cooker in unfurnished accommodation, but it would be unreasonable to expect a tenant to supply and fit an oven in a fitted kitchen which they could then not take with them when they leave.
    Mrs Jones
    I am not an expert - my posts are my opinion and should not be taken as fact!!

Comment

we have agreed to move end of feb and there is no form of cooker at all, there is room for a freestanding cooker, im just worried that when we move out in the future our next place might have one?

Comment

generally most properties even when let unfurnished do come with a cooker whether freestanding or built in.

Perhaps you can negotiate with the L or LA about them putting one in for you?

Comment

Originally posted by jimmymanvill View Post
          we have agreed to move end of feb and there is no form of cooker at all, there is room for a freestanding cooker, im just worried that when we move out in the future our next place might have one?
          In the last five years, we have moved from furnished to unfurnished and back to furnished again. We had to buy everything to move into the second place, then get rid of it all when we moved to the third. Luckily, current LL rents places as un/furnished and is happy to get rid of items (for a fee, of course ) so we are hoping to restock our supplies and get rid of LLs stuff, slowly replacing it with ours.

You will have to either:
          - successfully negotiate with LL for him/her to put in an oven
          - make sure new place you move to is another place without an oven
          - hope LL will remove oven in new place if there is one
          - get rid of/store current oven if new place already has one and LL is not flexible

*EDIT* - when we bought our oven we had to pay to get it fitted by a Corgi registered guy which is a cost to bear in mind if you're going for a gas oven

Comment

will contact landlord thankyou for your help

Comment

You might also consider a second-hand cooker. I have in the past and it wasn't very expensive and lasted for years.
              Mrs Jones
              I am not an expert - my posts are my opinion and should not be taken as fact!!

Comment

I have just replaced a cooker for a tenant - I bought if off Ebay - 50% off the best price I could find on the internet. It was brand new, boxed, 2 year warranty and from an appliance shop and included delivery.

Its worth looking on ebay for this kind of thing and checking the prices against Kelkoo etc..

I would not buy secondhand cookers ever- very risky!!

Comment

HMO regs state that LL should provide means to cook food in an HMO; which is 3 or more unrelated people sharing a home.
                  All posts in good faith, but do not rely on them

You can search the forums here:

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Discussion - GDPR and implications on landlords
                    MrShed
                    I've just posted something on GDPR and then wondered whether it had been discussed on here before - a quick search implies its never been mentioned.

I thought I would raise a topic to discuss it and the implications on landlords.In effect this is a replacement of the Data Protection Act...
                    20-07-2017, 15:01 PM
                  • Reply to Discussion - GDPR and implications on landlords
                    jpkeates
                    We can trade with anyone.
                    What matters is the terms we trade on.

Currently we're beyond screwed.
                    I wanted more for my children than being a pale version of a comic relief video....
                    20-07-2017, 20:31 PM
                    JK0
                    Happy days! We can trade with the EU after Brexit then!...
                    20-07-2017, 20:24 PM
                    jpkeates
                    That's two questions.

First, no.
                    Second, no.

The EU trades with China on the basis that no personal data is migrated, same as the USA....
                    20-07-2017, 20:23 PM
                    JK0
                    20-07-2017, 20:17 PM
                    JK0
                    So the EU requires anyone it trades with at the moment to comply with all the laws the EU complies with? Erm, doesn't most stuff come from China nowadays?...
                    20-07-2017, 20:16 PM
                  • RGI and housing benefit
                    cdbe
                    Hi, new to the forum and relatively new to letting. My situation is:

Couple view house, like it etc, seem OK to me. She's full time employed, he's currently unemployed but looking to start his own business as a tattoo artist. Still ok-ish. They pay me £100 holding deposit and £100 referencing...
                    18-07-2017, 00:08 AM
                  • Reply to RGI and housing benefit
                    cdbe
                    Thanks. I've binned them off. The ref co said what she earns won't cover it. TBH I don't know why I tried. I've offered her the holding deposit in full plus whatever I get back from uklandlord referencing.co (I paid them £140 - 110 for one reference and 1 year RGI and 30 for second reference, so basically...
                    20-07-2017, 19:48 PM
                  • Resident Landlord tenancy
                    Rocky1001
                    Hi all, need some advice please.

I'm in the process of letting my flat out but am struggling to work out exactly what type of tenancy I should be using, from my research I believe it should be a form of Excluded resident landlord tenancy but I can't seem to find a suitable template as...
                    10-07-2017, 12:55 PM
                  • Reply to Resident Landlord tenancy
                    Rocky1001
                    Hi, thanks for that, so would it make a difference if I offer shared use of the main bathroom and not just limit the tenant to their en-suite in their self contained section?
                    Also can I ask recommendation regarding best way of handling council tax?

I assume their are existing templates...
                    20-07-2017, 17:40 PM
                  Working...
                  X