Block TV aerials...Responsibility

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Block TV aerials...Responsibility

I have several properties in a block of flats that i look after for a landlord, there doesnt appear to be a communal satellite in the block and it hasnt been brought to my attention before because all the tenants moving in have either wanted sky/cable in anyway so noone would use a terrestrial dish.

Does the free-holder have to supply an aerial or not? All the cables are there leading up to the roof void but there is not aerial up there.

I was always of the school of thought that an aerial/sky dish was not a problem of the landlord unless already supplied by said landlord/mentioned in property particulars/on the inventory as a working item.

Any thoughts anyone?
    My views and posts are based on my opinion and any advice given is just that, advice. If you decide to act on any advice given it is with the full knowledge that I am not perfect and anything I say could be wrong!

Originally posted by Sorrel View Post
    Any thoughts anyone?
    I think there's hardly anything worth watching on TV these days and that Sky in particular is mind-numbingly, desperately bad.

Which hasn't answered your question, Sorrel - but at least I've bumped it back up to the top so some brainy, arielly-minded person might spot it.
    'Pause you who read this, and think for a moment of the long chain of iron or gold, of thorns or flowers, that would never have bound you, but for the formation fo the first link on one memorable day'. Charles Dickens, Great Expectations

Comment

There is no implied obligation to supply an aeriel - the obligation must be express.

Comment

Yeh i came to that conclusion myself, doesn't help when the freeholders as bent as a nine bob note and the managing agents don't even know there involved. Ach well, wouldn't expect anything less, I'd be disappointed if it was easy!
        My views and posts are based on my opinion and any advice given is just that, advice. If you decide to act on any advice given it is with the full knowledge that I am not perfect and anything I say could be wrong!

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
        X