Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Let property flooded but L has no insurance

.... where does this leave me?

I previously posted about being flooded but it now transpires that the LL has no contents insurance therefore the kitchen, carpets, flooring etc are not going to be replaced.

What effect does this have on my tenancy?

Originally posted by Wet View Post
    I previously posted about being flooded but it now transpires that the LL has no contents insurance therefore the kitchen, carpets, flooring etc are not going to be replaced.

What effect does this have on my tenancy?
    LL can't just use 'no insurance' as justification not to fulfil her tenancy obligations. If they need replacing, they need replacing and you should take appropriate action as for any other repairs which a LL isn't carrying out but should.

Incidentally if by 'kitchen' you mean fixed fitted units? that would normally come under buildings insurance.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Reply to Legal question
      by jpkeates
      I don't think there's going to be a definitive answer.

Wills can be challenged, and a court be asked to make a decision, but it's very hard to retrospectively decide that someone was not of sound mind when a will was signed.
      01-03-2021, 13:07 PM
    • Legal question
      by mind the gap
      Hi all, hope you're keeping safe.

Not sure which forum to put this in - happy for Moderator to move if appropriate.

Scenario is as follows. In 2018, elderly widower changes the will he made jointly with wife in 1980s. He does it all properly, using a solicitor and include...
      01-03-2021, 13:01 PM
    • Reply to Legal question
      by Berlingogirl
      The family need to get two Powers of Attorney - one for health and one for wealth asap while he still has some capacity....
      01-03-2021, 13:06 PM
    • Reply to Another way to suffer from Covid
      by Berlingogirl
      I'd be starting money claim online (MCOL), getting him a ccj and an attachment of earnings.
      01-03-2021, 13:02 PM
    • Another way to suffer from Covid
      by P'd off of Romford
      Hi Guys

Yes, sorry, this is another tale of woe, for which I apologise in advance....

FirstIy, I have Multiple Sclerosis, and as a result, can no longer work in my professional field.

For this reason, I have recently rented out my former home, as a means of a small...
      01-03-2021, 11:27 AM
    • Reply to Your move references
      by MrsB27
      I was specifically told the letting agents see nothing but a yes or no. They never see a credit score, credit report, credit agreements etc as that is completely private. She said the references and done as a soft search on a credit file as it’s not a credit application! They’re simply checking...
      01-03-2021, 12:51 PM
    • Your move references
      by MrsB27
      Can anyone give me any information on your move referencing please?

myself and my husband have paid holding deposit and been down with our passports to arrange right to rent check. They have advised referencing is done through Experian or equifax and that it’s nothing to worry about....
      28-02-2021, 19:57 PM
    • Reply to Another way to suffer from Covid
      by ash72
      You've learnt a very hard lesson, hopefully you served all the right paperwork and protected the deposit (if you took a deposit), the only thing you can do is wait until the rent debt is 6months and then serve notice, get all this ready u and monthly send a statement to the T of the outstanding amount....
      01-03-2021, 12:51 PM
    • Reply to Your move references
      by MrsB27
      Well it’s ok as I’ve just spoken to the letting agent and advised my credit score and file is perfect and my husbands is poor and she said it wasn’t a problem as if it comes back to decline then as long as we have a guarantor who earns 2.5 x annual rental amount then it won’t be an issue. Thankfully...
      01-03-2021, 12:48 PM
    • Reply to Advice needed What should I can do next? Struggling for the best route.
      by ash72
      You can't apply for both CCB and HCEO, to use the HCEO you need to go back to court (unless you already did this in the application) to move it to the High Court, once granted then only the HCEO can enforce the warrant. Depending upon what the grounds were that you were seeking the possession, will...
      01-03-2021, 12:32 PM
    Working...
    X