PCOL- seeking Possession Order on line

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PCOL- seeking Possession Order on line

I am trying to do a possession claim online,but i am not sure how to do it.I sent my tenants a section 8 notice as they were once again over 2 month in arrears[I did issue a s21 notice nearly a year a go,i let them stay as most of the rent was payed]3 weeks ago which included a schedule of their rent payments since they moved in to my house. Also a letter saying the rent could be reduced if they cleared the arrears.Is all this info put on line?
    Do i include details of the s21?Will it look bad that I let the tenants stay on after the s21,but now I want them out.
    After I have submitted the possession order do I have to send to the tenants a more up to date schedule of rent arrears within 7 days?
    Any advice on doing the possession online would be greatfull.

First thing to check: did you protect the Deposit, if it was protectable? If not, you cannot use s.21 at all.
    JEFFREY SHAW, solicitor [and Topic Expert], Nether Edge Law*
    1. Public advice is believed accurate, but I accept no legal responsibility except to direct-paying private clients.
    2. Telephone advice: see http://www.landlordzone.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=34638.
    3. For paid advice about conveyancing/leaseholds/L&T, contact me* and become a private client.
    4. *- Contact info: click on my name (blue-highlight link).

Comment

Deposit was taken by the letting agent.So I believe protected.
      Thank you for your advice and help.

Comment

No, you need certainty. The tenant could sue you for failing to protect the deposit, not the agent. Contact the agent ASAP.

If the deposit money is not protected and the tenancy began on or after 6 April 2007, then the section 21 notice is invalid.

Let us know the outcome please.

Comment

Hi, the tenancy began in 05.

Comment

Originally posted by adria View Post
            Hi, the tenancy began in 05.
            So, unless you've re-granted it (since 6 April 2007) as a new fixed term, the deposit does not need protection (cannot be protected).
            JEFFREY SHAW, solicitor [and Topic Expert], Nether Edge Law*
            1. Public advice is believed accurate, but I accept no legal responsibility except to direct-paying private clients.
            2. Telephone advice: see http://www.landlordzone.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=34638.
            3. For paid advice about conveyancing/leaseholds/L&T, contact me* and become a private client.
            4. *- Contact info: click on my name (blue-highlight link).

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
            X