Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need advice overdue rent and notice?

Hello,

I have a property,unfurnished and under full management via a lettings agent using a AST.
    I also have a rensure insurance to.

I have overdue rent from the tenant since Jan 6th 2006, it is know over 14 days overdue and the tenancy expires march 25th 2006.

I had to find out via my agent Why I had not received any rent, I was told that the tenant was stating being ill and has no money and standing bank orders have been canceled.

I was told the tenant wanted to pay in bits. I informed via my agent that I will give 1 more week for the overdue rent to be settled in full, or I will have to take appropriate action.

My AST states that I the rent must be paid to date and if overdue more then 14 days, I have the right to re-enter the property and cancel the aggreement.

So I'm now waiting for the 1 week period to end to see if the rent is settled, I also if informed my agent that I will not be renewing the agreement.

Do I need to serve a section 21 notice?
    D I need to serve section 8 notice?
    My agreement states I must not have contact with tenant so will my agent serve this?
    If not,how can I obtain the forms?
    Do I end the tenancy, who pays the fees lost of full management.
    Theres has been a breech in agreement for tnt not paying.

I have rent insurance. PLease kindly explain what I should do as very soon I will be with in the 2 month notice period.

I cant see anything being paid if standing orders are cancled, I know the tenant is a professional in the city working for law firm.

Please advise what I should do, my agent wont get involved with tenant matters, only the property it self.

Regards
    Alien1x

Originally posted by ALIEN1X
    Hello,

I have a property,unfurnished and under full management via a lettings agent using a AST.
    I also have a rensure insurance to.

I have overdue rent from the tenant since Jan 6th 2006, it is know over 14 days overdue and the tenancy expires march 25th 2006.

I had to find out via my agent Why I had not received any rent, I was told that the tenant was stating being ill and has no money and standing bank orders have been canceled.

I was told the tenant wanted to pay in bits. I informed via my agent that I will give 1 more week for the overdue rent to be settled in full, or I will have to take appropriate action.

My AST states that I the rent must be paid to date and if overdue more then 14 days, I have the right to re-enter the property and cancel the aggreement.
    Definitely Not.

So I'm now waiting for the 1 week period to end to see if the rent is settled, I also if informed my agent that I will not be renewing the agreement.

Do I need to serve a section 21 notice?
    Yes

D I need to serve section 8 notice?
    When the rent is 2 months overdue

My agreement states I must not have contact with tenant so will my agent serve this?
    If not,how can I obtain the forms?
    Here http://www.letlink.co.uk/GeneralInfo/Statutes.asp

Do I end the tenancy, who pays the fees lost of full management.
    Theres has been a breech in agreement for tnt not paying.

I have rent insurance. PLease kindly explain what I should do as very soon I will be with in the 2 month notice period.

I cant see anything being paid if standing orders are cancled, I know the tenant is a professional in the city working for law firm.

Please advise what I should do, my agent wont get involved with tenant matters, only the property it self.
    I dont know anything about rent insurance.

Regards
    Alien1x
    I dont know anything about rent insurance.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
    X