TV Aerial query

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TV Aerial query

Hi! This is my first thread and I apologise if it is in the wrong place.

We have been renting our first floor flat (above a shop not shared) for just over a year.
    The last 6 months we have had a rolling contract. I have recently noticed that the aerial has fallen off the chimney and is not situated on the roof. Which makes a lot of noise as it moves in the wind, no doubt it may be causing damage to the roof.

I phoned up the letting agent who told me that it is my responsibility. Having searched the web and this site there seems to be a mixed opinion. Some say it’s the landlord’s and some the tenant. However most of the threads I have read relate to poor signal and upgrading of the aerial rather than the aerial falling off. There is no mention of the aerial in either the Tenancy agreement or the inventory. Although I believe I read that under the Landlord and Tenant (Covenants) Act 1995 that anything relating to health and safety the landlord has to fix (I forgot to reference where I read this). As the aerial is on the roof and appear to be hanging possible from the wire does this fall under such instance.

Thank you in advance

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
X