Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gigabyte
    replied
    i think thats a good idea. Seems easy to do now online. I just had a quick scan of the other charges and noticed they are also trying to charge us £60 for water even though this has been paid up until December so I think its worth a punt.

Leave a comment:

• mind the gap
    replied
    Originally posted by Gigabyte View Post
    it is indeed with the TDS and the 12 month AST began on 1st of June 2007 and was then moved onto a periodic AST which was surrended on 31st of December after the 1 months notice required.

In that case, I would, on principle, object to the LL's deducting it - insist that a TDS adjudicator rule on whether it's fair or not. It sounds to me as if your LL is trying to make a sneaky £75 out of you.

If you have the evidence you've referred to, I don't think he'll be allowed to charge you.

Gor for it!

Leave a comment:

• Gigabyte
    replied
    it is indeed with the TDS and the 12 month AST began on 1st of June 2007 and was then moved onto a periodic AST which was surrended on 31st of December after the 1 months notice required.

Leave a comment:

• mind the gap
    replied
    Originally posted by Gigabyte View Post
    Ello. Im a tenant and have just moved out of a property as agreed with the LL. I have just recieved the checkout report and associated costs prepared by the LA who prepared the original inventory.

There are a few bits I am not happy with but they are relatively small amounts so I cant really be bothered with them for the sake of a swift return of my deposit. However they want to charge me £75 for extra cleaning. Although the place was professionally cleaned as per the AST. I feel particularly angry at being asked to pay extra as the flat was a mess and not cleaned professionally when we moved in (it states this on the original inventory!) so why should I pay again to clean the place when it wasnt clean for us anyway!!

this £75 is the largest payment on the report so I am thinking of just agreeing to it so I can get my money back quickly and forget all about this awful LL and move on however, my question is,

can I agree to it on the proviso that I am provided with an invoice from a cleaning company to prove that my money has been spent on cleaning. I have been informed by the LA that the LL does all their own 'cleaning' which I take to mean - NONE I bet the LL just leaves the already clean flat and pockets my 75quid, is it worth a dispute?
    Is your deposit held in a Tenancy Deposit Scheme? (When did your tenancy begin?)

Leave a comment:

• Gigabyte
    started a topic Check out report - Deposit queries.

Check out report - Deposit queries.

Ello. Im a tenant and have just moved out of a property as agreed with the LL. I have just recieved the checkout report and associated costs prepared by the LA who prepared the original inventory.

There are a few bits I am not happy with but they are relatively small amounts so I cant really be bothered with them for the sake of a swift return of my deposit. However they want to charge me £75 for extra cleaning. Although the place was professionally cleaned as per the AST. I feel particularly angry at being asked to pay extra as the flat was a mess and not cleaned professionally when we moved in (it states this on the original inventory!) so why should I pay again to clean the place when it wasnt clean for us anyway!!

this £75 is the largest payment on the report so I am thinking of just agreeing to it so I can get my money back quickly and forget all about this awful LL and move on however, my question is,

can I agree to it on the proviso that I am provided with an invoice from a cleaning company to prove that my money has been spent on cleaning. I have been informed by the LA that the LL does all their own 'cleaning' which I take to mean - NONE I bet the LL just leaves the already clean flat and pockets my 75quid, is it worth a dispute?

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
X