Money claim experience

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Money claim experience

I used money claim almost 1 year ago to try and gain missing rent from a tenant that disappeared. The courts contacted the tenant who admitted to owing money although she did not pay up.

Since then the bailiffs have been round to her property several times before giving up and and then her parents property several times and remain to do so. Each time they can not make contact. It seems to me that they are only calling when the tenant is out at work or they are not getting necessary information out of the parents.

Soon they shall stop making these attempts at her parents, what do I do then? Using this system it seems tenants can quite easily hide from the courts.

Is she working? If so, go for an Attachment of Earnings order.

Comment

Originally posted by rich hand View Post
      I used money claim almost 1 year ago to try and gain missing rent from a tenant that disappeared. The courts contacted the tenant who admitted to owing money although she did not pay up.

Since then the bailiffs have been round to her property several times before giving up and and then her parents property several times and remain to do so. Each time they can not make contact. It seems to me that they are only calling when the tenant is out at work or they are not getting necessary information out of the parents.

Soon they shall stop making these attempts at her parents, what do I do then? Using this system it seems tenants can quite easily hide from the courts.
      Did the parents execute a Deed of Guarantee?
      JEFFREY SHAW, solicitor [and Topic Expert], Nether Edge Law*
      1. Public advice is believed accurate, but I accept no legal responsibility except to direct-paying private clients.
      2. Telephone advice: see http://www.landlordzone.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=34638.
      3. For paid advice about conveyancing/leaseholds/L&T, contact me* and become a private client.
      4. *- Contact info: click on my name (blue-highlight link).

Comment

Originally posted by Ericthelobster View Post
        Is she working? If so, go for an Attachment of Earnings order.
        I believe she is working but if the bailiff cant make contact with her how would the Attachment of Earnings order be gained?

Comment

Originally posted by jeffrey View Post
          Did the parents execute a Deed of Guarantee?
          No they didnt

Comment

I am thinking the next step would be try and trace the tenant to make sure of the address and then to use the N316 form to gain empoyer details followed by an attachment of earnings.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
            X