Joint prospective tenants; only one signed; other won't

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by amababes View Post
    i know what an exciting Friday night....however ive had another thought. I dont think this is a ery professional landlord. There has been no checks done on my daughter and I dont think she got the rent deposit agreement. Does that make it different? Promise it my last question...and ill let you all know how i get on...thanks again

LL has 14 days from date of receiving deposit, to comply with requirement to protect it, then a further 14 days in which to supply tenants with details of scheme and their ref number for claiming deposit back at end. Wouldn't do any harm for daughter and friend to ask LL to make sure they get those details as soon as deposit has been protected. If LL does not know what they are talking about, get back to us and someone will advise you.

The fact that LL hasn't done credit checks, etc., is not your daughter's problem. I would say that her (your daughter's) concern shoud be whether she can trust her flaky-sounding friend not to do the dirty and move out early/refuse to pay rent, bills etc.

Happy moving in to her, anyway!
    'Pause you who read this, and think for a moment of the long chain of iron or gold, of thorns or flowers, that would never have bound you, but for the formation fo the first link on one memorable day'. Charles Dickens, Great Expectations

Comment

Sorry just dicovered slight error there - details of deposit protection scheme are supposed to be given to tenant within 14 days (not 28 days) of payment of deposit by tenant.
      'Pause you who read this, and think for a moment of the long chain of iron or gold, of thorns or flowers, that would never have bound you, but for the formation fo the first link on one memorable day'. Charles Dickens, Great Expectations

Comment

apparently not currently in force in Glasgow yet, its down to the local authorities to enforce, and they are all doing it at different times. any thoughts as to why this is?

Comment

Originally posted by amababes View Post
          apparently not currently in force in Glasgow yet, its down to the local authorities to enforce, and they are all doing it at different times. any thoughts as to why this is?
          (Tearing hair out....!) I'm really sorry, but had we known you were talking about a tenancy in Scotland, we would have said from the outset that we couldn't help you much!

Scottish law is different from the law in England and Wales, so this forum is going to be of limited help to you. If no similar forum exists for Scottish landlords and tenants, I suggest you try the Citizens Advice Bureau, or a solicitor.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
          X