Third party debt order (rent)- current address needed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Third party debt order (rent)- current address needed?

Hello all

My tenant was evicted end of August and I have no idea where he has moved to and I imagine he will not be signing with any utility companies as all the last ones seem to be in his girlfriends name.

I have his bank account details and was going to issue a TPDO but in filling out the form it requires the tenants address to be entered - and of course I need to sign stating that I believe the details on the form to be the truth.

I know that in order to issue a CCJ through moneyclaim you can get away with entering the tenants last known address (i.e. my flat), but does this same rule apply when issuing a TPDO? Otherwise will I have to wait until I find his new address?

Thanks for any advice
    Rob

I dont know the answer to this question but just reply to your message to bump it to the top and hope someone with experience on this matter can answer

All the best

Jax

Originally posted by Attention to detal View Post
    Hello all

My tenant was evicted end of August and I have no idea where he has moved to and I imagine he will not be signing with any utility companies as all the last ones seem to be in his girlfriends name.

I have his bank account details and was going to issue a TPDO but in filling out the form it requires the tenants address to be entered - and of course I need to sign stating that I believe the details on the form to be the truth.

I know that in order to issue a CCJ through moneyclaim you can get away with entering the tenants last known address (i.e. my flat), but does this same rule apply when issuing a TPDO? Otherwise will I have to wait until I find his new address?

Thanks for any advice
    Rob

Comment

Thanks.

I was going to just go ahead and issue the summons but put a note to the effect that the address was 'last known'. Failing any knowledgeable reply here that is what I'll do.

Regards
      Rob

Comment

I would be interested in knowing the answer to this too, I currently have a CCJ against someone owing rent and was legally allowed to serve it at their place of work (a club) as I did not know their next place of residence. As they are self-employed I can not get attachment of earnings or call in the bailiffs (they can not take tools of trade from the club). The only option I have is a Third Party Debt Order too. But I would have the same issue about their last known residence being my property. Any ideas anyone....

Comment

Hi,

have you tried having a look at CAG, they cover lots on debts the answer may be there. If I have time later i'll have a scout through for you.

Jax

Comment

Excuse my ignorance - what is CAG ? Then I can check it.. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by HP mum View Post
              Excuse my ignorance - what is CAG ? Then I can check it.. Thanks
              There are 66 acronyms using "CAG". See http://www.acronyms.thefreedictionary.com.
              JEFFREY SHAW, solicitor [and Topic Expert], Nether Edge Law*
              1. Public advice is believed accurate, but I accept no legal responsibility except to direct-paying private clients.
              2. Telephone advice: see http://www.landlordzone.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=34638.
              3. For paid advice about conveyancing/leaseholds/L&T, contact me* and become a private client.
              4. *- Contact info: click on my name (blue-highlight link).

Comment

J - Oh Good, thats a help then )))

Comment

My apologies, GAG = Consumer action Group Forum

Jax

Originally posted by HP mum View Post
                  J - Oh Good, thats a help then )))

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Reply to Smoking tenant
                    by Hudson01
                    I can only echo the above comments, you have done what you need too, although to be honest i would have taken this action years ago, if you have never liked all the smoke then why put up with it for so long...... I would be very unhappy about all the smoke but i would seriously consider selling both...
                    13-05-2021, 19:42 PM
                  • Smoking tenant
                    by renting25
                    Please can you offer us advice as to whether there is any action that can be taken to stop a very serious situation of anti social behaviour.My wife and myself own 2 maisonettes a upstairs owned by me that we both live in and a downstairs that is owned by my wife and she has rented the property out...
                    13-05-2021, 17:17 PM
                  • Reply to Early change of Landlord
                    by theartfullodger
                    Sympathy! Don't forget to advise tenants to pursue the agent's complaints process and when that process fails - (I can foresee the future) - to use the lettings agent redress scheme. See here advice from Mssrs Shelter..
                    https://england.shelter.org.uk/housi...edress_schemes

Good luck:...
                    13-05-2021, 19:34 PM
                  • Early change of Landlord
                    by islandgirl
                    Would be grateful for thoughts on this. Daughter signed student tenancy for next academic year on Monday this week. LL shown as an individual with the same name as the letting agency. Yesterday she was told that the LL wishes to self manage and to change her standing order payment to an investment company...
                    13-05-2021, 09:52 AM
                    by Jon66
                    Yes I agree with the above. Make sure you have complied with statutory requirements to ensure any s21 is valid.
                    13-05-2021, 18:59 PM
                  • Unreasonably Withholding Consent on Internal Layout Change
                    by wabdiddly
                    Dear All,

Looking for an opinion and some legal views behind what I can do in the following situation.

My top floor flat has rather wonky flooring, which the structural engineer's report described as "in poor condition and needs levelling to provide satisfactory living...
                    13-05-2021, 18:28 PM
                    by ash72
                    You have been provided the advice by your legal council, if you want them out seek possession of the property (do it before S21 is removed), you need to now moved to the next stage which is put in an application for possession, then finally bailiffs. I would also stop complaining to the T's it is harassment,...
                    13-05-2021, 17:44 PM
                  • Reply to New landlord needs some advice
                    by DPT57
                    She wouldn't be able to rent it straight away anyway if you carry out referencing, (which you should), as this takes a few days. I get people to complete an application form too. A lot of prospective tenants are flaky on OR. Some promise to call you and you never hear from them again, even if you try...
                    13-05-2021, 17:38 PM
                  • New landlord needs some advice
                    by wenqi
                    Hi, I am just a new landlord who is renting our first property using openrent. I do need some advice from you.

We had a very lovely lady to view our house. She looked love our property and wanted to take it straight away. Because she came alone (her partner was working), my husband advised...
                    12-05-2021, 19:56 PM
                  • Reply to 'Replacement tenancy' issue
                    by berliner
                    "If the new tenancy is for a lesser rent, the tenant will remain liable to pay an amount equal to the difference between the original rent and new lower rental figure up to the end of the original fixed term."

I read in a similar post that such a clause might not be enforceab...
                    13-05-2021, 17:38 PM
                  Working...
                  X