Guidance about compensation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by agent46 View Post
    PS: BBC 1 9pm tonight - Stephen Fry in America ; he's visiting New Orleans, and a little bird told me he does a bit on Confederacy of Dunces
    if you clear some space in your pm box I'll reveal my thoughts on same
    'Pause you who read this, and think for a moment of the long chain of iron or gold, of thorns or flowers, that would never have bound you, but for the formation fo the first link on one memorable day'. Charles Dickens, Great Expectations

Comment

Originally posted by mind the gap View Post
      if you clear some space in your pm box I'll reveal my thoughts on same

Space cleared.
      Health Warning

I try my best to be accurate, but please bear in mind that some posts are written in a matter of seconds and often cannot be edited later on.

All information contained in my posts is given without any assumption of responsibility on my part. This means that if you rely on my advice but it turns out to be wrong and you suffer losses (of any kind) as a result, then you cannot sue me.

Comment

Hi again,

Well, I've been trying to negotiate with my landlord for a fair compensation and it seems we can not reach to an agreement.

As you advised me, I'm claiming a third off the rent for the 4 months (1,500 GBP) I've been suffering the inconveniences of the disrepair and he is willing to pay only 150 GBP. The solicitor in the Citizen Advice Bureau thinks that I deserve the said compensation but he also thinks that I don't have a case to take to the small court and suggested to get a solicitor to send the landord threatening court letters (which I've done myself during the negotiation with no positive results) and to bring a surveyor to the flat to make a report, which I think it's too late since the leak has already been repaired, besides the solicitor and experts fees would exceed the amount of the compensation.

Any suggestions to what can I do now?

Thanks very much.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
        X