Prospective tenant's disabled child- landlord's extra duties?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prospective tenant's disabled child- landlord's extra duties?

I have had a number of applications for a vacant property, one of which is from a family with a disabled child. If I accept them, am I under any obligation to prepare the house as required? For example, ramp access, special toilet fittings etc.

MrWoof, I would make a call to Social Sevices and or your local council and query this. There may be funding out there for you to do this, espeically if you are saving the council money!
    GOVERNMENT HEALTH WARNING: I am a woman and am therefore prone to episodes of PMT... if you don't like what I have to say you can jolly well put it in your pipe and SMOKE IT!!

Oh and on a serious note... I am NOT a Legal person and therefore anything I post could be complete and utter drivel... but its what I have learned in the University called Life!

Comment

I don't think so and if they start insisting that you do provide such facilities, then an S21 notice is required! However they will be able to get assistance to provide such facilities from the LA or other bodies, so when they finally depart you may have the problem of removing such aids and restoring your property back to normal.

P.P.

Oops! It looks as though I got most of the above wrong. May I suggest you have a look at: http://www.singingpig.co.uk/discussi...m/?f=7&m=93963
      Last edited by P.Pilcher; 20-12-2005, 10:50 AM. Reason: Error!
      Any information given in this post is based on my personal experience as a landlord, what I have learned from this and other boards and elsewhere. It is not to be relied on. Definitive advice is only available from a Solicitor or other appropriately qualified person.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
      X