Paying agency intro fee every year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jeffrey View Post
    Yes. If it reads "To pay L", L can enforce it.
    The point was simply that, if it read "To pay A", A usually cannot enforce it.
    Ahh I see! Thanks once again! I'm sure I'll find all this knowledge useful one day.
    [I]The opinions I give are simply my opinions and interpretations of what I have learnt, in numerous years as a property professional, I would not rely upon them without consulting with a paid advisor and providing them with all the relevant facts[I]

Comment

Originally posted by MrJohnnyB View Post
      I don't know much about residential property so am simply speculating!
      Careful not to burn fingers!
      JEFFREY SHAW, solicitor [and Topic Expert], Nether Edge Law*
      1. Public advice is believed accurate, but I accept no legal responsibility except to direct-paying private clients.
      2. Telephone advice: see http://www.landlordzone.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=34638.
      3. For paid advice about conveyancing/leaseholds/L&T, contact me* and become a private client.
      4. *- Contact info: click on my name (blue-highlight link).

Comment

Originally posted by jeffrey View Post
        Careful not to burn fingers!
        Don't mess with toasters!
        'Pause you who read this, and think for a moment of the long chain of iron or gold, of thorns or flowers, that would never have bound you, but for the formation fo the first link on one memorable day'. Charles Dickens, Great Expectations

Comment

Originally posted by mind the gap View Post
          Don't mess with toasters!
          Unless you're into that there reggae, man.
          JEFFREY SHAW, solicitor [and Topic Expert], Nether Edge Law*
          1. Public advice is believed accurate, but I accept no legal responsibility except to direct-paying private clients.
          2. Telephone advice: see http://www.landlordzone.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=34638.
          3. For paid advice about conveyancing/leaseholds/L&T, contact me* and become a private client.
          4. *- Contact info: click on my name (blue-highlight link).

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Reply to Deducting Cleaning Costs from Deposit
            by jpkeates
            That document is out of date and, in a lot of places, possibly as a consequence, now wrong or misleading.

The concept of individually negotiated clauses is now deprecated in consumer law.
            The OFT no longer exists and it's successor, the CMA, has withdrawn its advice about unfair terms...
            28-01-2022, 16:18 PM
          • Deducting Cleaning Costs from Deposit
            by Piffy
            I use a Letting Agent. Recently the tenants vacated, prior to the tenants leaving when the letting agent did an inspection they advised the tenants that the property would need cleaning before they vacated. The tenants have now left, the place does need a good clean, the Letting Agents have said that...
            27-01-2022, 11:30 AM
          • Reply to Renting rooms
            by DoricPixie
            You can't have your cake and eat it Luke. If you want to receive rental income from a property that is not also your main home you have to accept that the occupants will be tenants. This means that you will have to comply with all your legal obligations as a landlord unless you want it to come back...
            28-01-2022, 16:09 PM
          • Renting rooms
            by Luke
            I have a three bedroom property in the U.K which I will rent out .
            I have had an enquiry from a couple and a friend
            I do not intend to live at the property
            Would it be possible just to rent two rooms to them , on the understanding they have full access to the property ?
            As its...
            28-01-2022, 06:09 AM
            by DoricPixie
            I wasn't sure if I was missing something in the model agreement that gave the requirement to leave the property reasonably clean regardless of the condition at the start of the tenancy - seems I wasn't.

I seem to recall the "professional" cleaning fee being an unfair clause although...
            28-01-2022, 16:06 PM
          • Reply to Renting rooms
            by AndrewDod
            No reason the above should be the case in any sort of sane world - but courtesy of our ignorant and evil masters it is the case.

Anyone with an ounce of compassion could go through this forum and find thousands of types of examples where the legislation designed to (they pretend) help people,...
            28-01-2022, 15:43 PM
          • Reply to Inherited a few rentals
            by Hooper
            Obviously it depends on your properties but if they and your tenants are not particularly high maintenance there is no reason that you should have to reduce your employment hours to fit in managing 4 properties. I manage 9/10. I often allow it to take up more time than it needs to - it's true that if...
            28-01-2022, 14:44 PM
          • Inherited a few rentals
            by Landlord7289
            Hoping for some advice on this situation from people who may have been through similar...

I am inheriting 4 rental properties from my late father. Are there any tips or ideas people would share about this situation?

My situation is I am early 30s in full time employment, live...
            25-01-2022, 15:02 PM
            by jpkeates
            The government's model agreement doesn't contain such a provision.

"...the Tenant must return the Property and any items listed on the inventory to the Landlord in the same condition and state of cleanliness as they were at the start of the Tenancy."

I suspect that...
            28-01-2022, 14:43 PM
          • Reply to Inherited a few rentals
            by AndrewDod
            I think by "vacant possession" here they are not that concerned about the individual army-men but that the MoD itself has a 200 year lease. If MoD were to release those bottom-feeders who sucked out the money taxpayers have contributed then the bottom feeders would be x billion richer...
            28-01-2022, 13:10 PM
          Working...
          X