EPCs - Liverpool

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EPCs - Liverpool

If anyone needs EPCs doing in Liverpool, PM me.

I have someone that does EPCs for under £45. For private landlords they may charge slightly more but they are far cheaper than most.

This is a public service announcement!
    Liability statement. My liability to you is not to exceed the amount you are paying for my recommendations or advice.

I see a bright new future, where chickens can cross the road with no fear of having their motives questioned

Originally posted by Wickerman View Post

I have someone that does EPCs for under £45. For private landlords they may charge slightly more but they are far cheaper than most.

I can beat that. There's a man down our street who does 'em for a tenner and a bottle of Newcastle Brown.
    'Pause you who read this, and think for a moment of the long chain of iron or gold, of thorns or flowers, that would never have bound you, but for the formation fo the first link on one memorable day'. Charles Dickens, Great Expectations

Comment

I'd just do it for the bottle of broon personally. You can survive for days of that stuff, better than soup!
      My views and posts are based on my opinion and any advice given is just that, advice. If you decide to act on any advice given it is with the full knowledge that I am not perfect and anything I say could be wrong!

Comment

Originally posted by mind the gap View Post
        I can beat that. There's a man down our street who does 'em for a tenner and a bottle of Newcastle Brown.
        Sorry, forgot to say he has no qualifications. (Though the Liverpool guy must be pretty desperate as well, to do them for that price).
        'Pause you who read this, and think for a moment of the long chain of iron or gold, of thorns or flowers, that would never have bound you, but for the formation fo the first link on one memorable day'. Charles Dickens, Great Expectations

Comment

EPC prices

I'm getting them at under £40 but the guy is having problems contacting the tenants to do the visits in the efficient sequence he though he'd work.
          I think £45 is a more realistic price, certainly here in the South-West.

Comment

Originally posted by Wickerman View Post

Here's another!

If anyone needs one doing in the Leeds/Bradford area, send me a pm. I know two very professional DEAs, (as well as the Newcastle Brown man!) one of whom does virtual tours of your property for a small additional charge.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Reply to Access to sheds
              by endymion
              Well, partly, but mainly I'm considering whether the sheds would have to be explicitly excluded from the tenancy in the AST. It's a question of what would be considered the default position in law....
              03-06-2020, 14:53 PM
            • Access to sheds
              by endymion
              Hi. We have been renting a flat for the past decade under an Assured Shorthold Tenancy. The flat is one of five in a single block. The back garden contains a large outbuilding comprising ten sheds. Implicitly, then, two sheds per flat. The inventory does contain the wording 'Garages, Sheds, Outbuildings:'...
              03-06-2020, 10:09 AM
              by endymion
              Interesting. I'll have to cross that bridge when I come to it. Nonetheless, if the deeds stipulate that the sheds are part of the flat, rather than communal, surely that's quite a different matter....
              03-06-2020, 14:52 PM
              by MdeB
              I believe the OP is coming from the position of:
              • The LL has granted us the right, beyond the tenancy agreement, to use two sheds.
              • Would the law consider that having granted that use, the LL cannot unilaterally withdraw the use of those sheds?
              03-06-2020, 14:48 PM
            • Reply to Electrical Safety Certificate EICR
              by MdeB
              The Government guidance suggests not (under "What will the report show?").
              C1, C2 and F need action; C3 does not (C3 is "safe but not to current standards for new installations"...
              03-06-2020, 14:38 PM
            • Electrical Safety Certificate EICR
              by Ozzie11
              Hi

I noticed a new law means landlords need to arrange an EICR for new tenancies after July 2020 or before April 2021.

Please can I get some advice on this? I started a tenancy in May 2020 - this is due to expire in November 2020. However it is likely the tenancy will be renewed...
              01-06-2020, 10:42 AM
              by AndrewDod
              There may or may not be a lease in that case. But there might be. If there is a lease, then it makes no difference that the lessee and freeholder happen to be the same people. If there are no leases, I cannot see that you have any particular rights beyond the flat that you lease. The presumption in...
              03-06-2020, 14:30 PM
            • Reply to Mould/witholding rent/C19 eviction rights
              by jpkeates
              Yes, the tenants have to take reasonable steps.

But the OP didn't mention fans or ventilation and did mention opening the windows "when" bathing or cooking....
              03-06-2020, 14:25 PM
            • Mould/witholding rent/C19 eviction rights
              by Borischelski
              I wonder if I could trouble someone for advice, having recently become a Landlord for the first time ?

BACKGROUND
              A year ago I inherited a small 1970s one bedroom flat in Birmingham.

The flat was originally heated with a couple of electric bar heaters....
              02-06-2020, 09:37 AM
            • Reply to Mould/witholding rent/C19 eviction rights
              by MdeB
              No, you are telling them that they need to take reasonable steps such as removing excess water and ventilating the bathroom after showering.
              And, maybe, treating hte mould when it appears.

In my shower room:
              1. I use a "squeegee" to remove most water from walls, screen, and
              03-06-2020, 14:20 PM
            Working...
            X