X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"No Order upon the Defedant's application"

We received a letter headed "General Form of Judgement or Order"

All it said :
    "1. No Order upon the Defendant's application".

Can anyone explain the above line?

History
    we gave notice to the tenant that we wanted the property back (we are annoyed she has trashed the property... ). We had to file a claim in the courts (online). She went to the council for advice and they advised her to send in a written responses e.g. I have kids etc...

On 2nd Oct, we had to go to Court and she did not show up. The judge said "I was going to give her 4 weeks, but as she is not here....".

Anyways, now I got the above letter, but it makes no sense?

I'd guess that its Court speak for the judge turning down the tenants application for judgement and/or costs.

You could always phone the Court and ask them.
    My advice is not based on formal legal training but experience gained in 20+ years in the letting industry.

Comment

Originally posted by oaktree View Post
      I'd guess that its Court speak for the judge turning down the tenants application for judgement and/or costs.

You could always phone the Court and ask them.
      The Court did not make whatever Order the Defendant was seeking. The Application will show what T sought but failed to obtain.
      JEFFREY SHAW, solicitor [and Topic Expert], Nether Edge Law*
      1. Public advice is believed accurate, but I accept no legal responsibility except to direct-paying private clients.
      2. Telephone advice: see http://www.landlordzone.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=34638.
      3. For paid advice about conveyancing/leaseholds/L&T, contact me* and become a private client.
      4. *- Contact info: click on my name (blue-highlight link).

Comment

Originally posted by rajeshk4u View Post
        (we are annoyed she has trashed the property... ).
        Well, nobody sane would be otherwise about this!

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
        X