What evidence is normally needed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=Mrs Jones;96995]Really? I understood that you could not get a "council house" - which is what an HA house is, if you already owned a property. If she owns a property, she doesn't need social housing! We could all do it - live in a subsidised HA property and let our own house at a nice profit!!!QUOTE]

I agree with your view, but I still don't think what she is doing is illegal. Unethical, perhaps. If she were to apply for her HA flat now, she would be unlikely to get it.
    'Pause you who read this, and think for a moment of the long chain of iron or gold, of thorns or flowers, that would never have bound you, but for the formation fo the first link on one memorable day'. Charles Dickens, Great Expectations

Comment

If she can afford to buy a house "elsewhere", then she does not need social housing and is therefore denying someone in need a home. Definitely unethical. Can't say I have a lot of sympathy with her eviction problem!!
      Mrs Jones
      I am not an expert - my posts are my opinion and should not be taken as fact!!

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs Jones View Post
        If she can afford to buy a house "elsewhere", then she does not need social housing and is therefore denying someone in need a home. Definitely unethical. Can't say I have a lot of sympathy with her eviction problem!!
        i appreciate that you have an opinion on the ethics of it all, but i was asking for specific information on certain legal aspects of the case. Thank you anyway.
        Best Regards

PI Guy

Comment

It seems the HA have no evidence and they have backed down over the issue. they especially backed pedalled over the suggestion that to initiate enquiries with neighbours as to whether a breach of a tenancy agreement (civil issue) at least twice amounted to surveillance and therfore a breach of the HRA article 8

Article 8 Right to respect for private and family life

1 Everyone has the right to respect for his private and family life, his home and his correspondence.
          2 There shall be no interference by a public authority with the exercise of this right except such as is in accordance with the law and is necessary in a democratic society in the interests of national security, public safety or the economic well-being of the country, for the prevention of disorder or crime, for the protection of health or morals, or for the protection of the rights and freedoms of others.
          Best Regards

PI Guy

Comment

Thanks for the update. It's always useful to know how these things ended.
            'Pause you who read this, and think for a moment of the long chain of iron or gold, of thorns or flowers, that would never have bound you, but for the formation fo the first link on one memorable day'. Charles Dickens, Great Expectations

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
            X