Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ericthelobster View Post
    Where are you, the South Bronx?
    No, North Yorkshire! (Although it feels like the Bronx at times). Been with some kids doing a play.
    'Pause you who read this, and think for a moment of the long chain of iron or gold, of thorns or flowers, that would never have bound you, but for the formation fo the first link on one memorable day'. Charles Dickens, Great Expectations

Comment

update:

the landlord text me to say "please dont withold rent as it causes nightmares with his mortgage" to which i said he needs to make sure he sorts the plumber and washing machine issues by the end of the month, he's meeting his accounts chap this week to sort out and let me know then.

thanks for everyones input, looks like this is finally moving forward.

Comment

Originally posted by mooperman View Post
        update:

the landlord text me to say "please dont withold rent as it causes nightmares with his mortgage" to which i said he needs to make sure he sorts the plumber and washing machine issues by the end of the month, he's meeting his accounts chap this week to sort out and let me know then.

thanks for everyones input, looks like this is finally moving forward.
        The cheeky get!!!!!!

Tell him it's nothing like as bad as the nightmares you have had, trying to get your laundry done.

I think you are being extremely patient and forbearing. At the very least you must claim the cost of transport to and use of, the launderette/a friend's washer during the period the machine has been/is out of action. Take it out of the rent - don't let him get away with it!
        'Pause you who read this, and think for a moment of the long chain of iron or gold, of thorns or flowers, that would never have bound you, but for the formation fo the first link on one memorable day'. Charles Dickens, Great Expectations

Comment

ha ha, exactly my thoughts.... his first text was simply "dont hold withold rent", it was only after i replied with a "get your arse in gear then" that he gave me the rest of the info.....

ive been using a collect, wash, return service and although i'm initially paying out of my own pocket the lady knows the problem and has agreed to do me a huge reciept at the end of it all so he'll be getting a copy of that complete with "..1 month to pay or money out of rent again"...

Comment

ha ha, exactly my thoughts.... his first text was simply "dont hold withold rent", it was only after i replied with a "get your arse in gear then" that he gave me the rest of the info.....

ive been using a collect, wash, return service and although i'm initially paying out of my own pocket the lady knows the problem and has agreed to do me a huge reciept at the end of it all so he'll be getting a copy of that complete with "..1 month to pay or money out of rent again"...
            The LL's mortgage is none of your concern (and he is a plonker for telling you) as is what he does with the rent money you give him, which supermarket the LL shops at, where he gets his hair cut or which car he drives.

You are not party to his financial commitments, agreements and anything else outside the tenancy agreement you and he signed.

If he wants you to "help him out", tell him you are not his mate.
            If you get involved in favours, etc., it's a slippery slope to trouble.

I would deduct the costs of laundry that you've incurred (and continue to incur until a w/m is supplied) and let him take action if he wants.
            I would deduct the laundry costs from your next rent and not wait another month - you've waited long enough and the LL might not take your threat seriously if you keep giving him more and more time.

Also, how poor/struggling do you have to be to not be able to buy a new washing machine of a couple of hundred quid?

Comment

thanks for your input, ive already told him (as per my original text to him) that i will be deducting from the end of this month (ie Novembers rent!) unless things are repaired by that time......

will see what gets said on Friday/Next Monday...

Comment

update:

the landlord text me to say "please dont withold rent as it causes nightmares with his mortgage"
                No, he means it will cost him money.

Comment

Lanlord advice

At present i staying in a rent house. My house owner increasing house rents without any notice. Can i take any legal action on my house owner.
                  __________________________________________________ ____
                  Translator Self Certification Mortgage Quote

Comment

Originally posted by brucely View Post
                    At present i staying in a rent house. My house owner increasing house rents without any notice. Can i take any legal action on my house owner.
                    __________________________________________________ ____
                    Translator Self Certification Mortgage Quote
                    You are in Texas, aren't you? LZ is in England & Wales. So we can't help you.
                    JEFFREY SHAW, solicitor [and Topic Expert], Nether Edge Law*
                    1. Public advice is believed accurate, but I accept no legal responsibility except to direct-paying private clients.
                    2. Telephone advice: see http://www.landlordzone.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=34638.
                    3. For paid advice about conveyancing/leaseholds/L&T, contact me* and become a private client.
                    4. *- Contact info: click on my name (blue-highlight link).

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
                    X