Can I approach owner direct re letting (avoid agency)?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can I approach owner direct re letting (avoid agency)?

Hi
    i found nice property to let,but someone fill up aplication form just before me,is there any chance to findout who is a landlord of that property,coz id like to put a better offer for him....simply as that.
    cheers

ou can always put your offer in to the agent concerned - it is his job to get the best deal he can for his client (the landlord) so the landlord should receive it.

P.P.
    Any information given in this post is based on my personal experience as a landlord, what I have learned from this and other boards and elsewhere. It is not to be relied on. Definitive advice is only available from a Solicitor or other appropriately qualified person.

Comment

i done that, but agent said that person put already aplication form so we are in second row,house was offered for 495pcm im ready to go for 525pcm coz i view it already and me and missus like it,we said we can pay in advance for 6 months if that is necessary.....

Comment

You could try the Land Registry website - for a couple of quid you can get details of ownership of the property, which may well be what you need... but it won't necessarily simply yield the name and contact details of the landlord.

Comment

Originally posted by Ericthelobster View Post
          You could try the Land Registry website - for a couple of quid you can get details of ownership of the property, which may well be what you need... but it won't necessarily simply yield the name and contact details of the landlord.
          Yes, but fee is £3. If using LR Direct, make sure that you look at correct register (e.g. if it's a leasehold property, whether house or flat, the prospective L is the owner of the 'lowest' of the existing leases/underleases).
          JEFFREY SHAW, solicitor [and Topic Expert], Nether Edge Law*
          1. Public advice is believed accurate, but I accept no legal responsibility except to direct-paying private clients.
          2. Telephone advice: see http://www.landlordzone.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=34638.
          3. For paid advice about conveyancing/leaseholds/L&T, contact me* and become a private client.
          4. *- Contact info: click on my name (blue-highlight link).

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
          X