Is this non-standard AST Agreement OK?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is this non-standard AST Agreement OK?

You may have seen my previous posts about a problem with agents and landlord alike. Looks like a compromise has been made with landlord over rent and bond.

Here is what is going to happen:

We will pay £625 in rent a month for 11 months. After 11 months we will receive a bond of £825 which the agents ran off with and landlord is liable for. This £825 will go onto the tenancy agreement.

If we choose to leave before 11 months we will receive £75 per month we've been there (ie 6 months = £450 in bond)

The landlord cannot decide to evict us before the 11 months is up otherwise i can claim back the full £825 bond. (This wont be protected in a DPS either)

If however the agents get back on track and give our bond back to the landlord he will return this to us and we will just continue to pay rent as normal

Tenancy to start from 1st October 2008

Is all this legal and can it come back to haunt us.

Thanks

If I were you, I'd use a solicitor to draft such a non-standard document.
    JEFFREY SHAW, solicitor [and Topic Expert], Nether Edge Law*
    1. Public advice is believed accurate, but I accept no legal responsibility except to direct-paying private clients.
    2. Telephone advice: see http://www.landlordzone.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=34638.
    3. For paid advice about conveyancing/leaseholds/L&T, contact me* and become a private client.
    4. *- Contact info: click on my name (blue-highlight link).

Comment

What happens if we dont go with the solicitor route?

It should all be there in black and white though and all parties will be signing it

Comment

Originally posted by k33wud View Post
        It should all be there in black and white though and all parties will be signing it
        They said that about the Treaty of Versailles.
        'Pause you who read this, and think for a moment of the long chain of iron or gold, of thorns or flowers, that would never have bound you, but for the formation fo the first link on one memorable day'. Charles Dickens, Great Expectations

Comment

Originally posted by k33wud View Post

You risk:
          a. errors of omission and commission;
          b. possible litigation when the faeces strikes the ventilation equipment; and
          c. having no-one other than yourselves to blame.
          JEFFREY SHAW, solicitor [and Topic Expert], Nether Edge Law*
          1. Public advice is believed accurate, but I accept no legal responsibility except to direct-paying private clients.
          2. Telephone advice: see http://www.landlordzone.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=34638.
          3. For paid advice about conveyancing/leaseholds/L&T, contact me* and become a private client.
          4. *- Contact info: click on my name (blue-highlight link).

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
          X