Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by agent46 View Post
    Geeky question.

Given that an AST can only be valid if the property is used as the tenant's principal home, if the PR doesn't use the property thus, how does the AST survive the death of the tenant?
    In that case the tenancy agreement itself must move in.
    'Pause you who read this, and think for a moment of the long chain of iron or gold, of thorns or flowers, that would never have bound you, but for the formation fo the first link on one memorable day'. Charles Dickens, Great Expectations

Comment

Originally posted by agent46 View Post
      Given that an AST can only be valid if the property is used as the tenant's principal home, if the PR doesn't use the property thus, how does the AST survive the death of the tenant?
      Whilst a tenancy which is an AST may stop being an AST that does not mean it stops being a tenancy.

Comment

would a section 21 served after the death of the tenant have any effect then?

If you are unsure about what to do seek professional Legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by House View Post
          would a section 21 served after the death of the tenant have any effect then?
          If no one is in occupation a S.21 is not needed since the tenancy is no longer an AST. S.21 notices only apply to ASTs. You just serve a common law notice to quit.

Comment

Makes sense

If you are unsure about what to do seek professional Legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by Lawcruncher View Post
              If no one is in occupation a S.21 is not needed since the tenancy is no longer an AST. S.21 notices only apply to ASTs. You just serve a common law notice to quit.
              I agree- but see post #13 re where to serve Notices.
              JEFFREY SHAW, solicitor [and Topic Expert], Nether Edge Law*
              1. Public advice is believed accurate, but I accept no legal responsibility except to direct-paying private clients.
              2. Telephone advice: see http://www.landlordzone.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=34638.
              3. For paid advice about conveyancing/leaseholds/L&T, contact me* and become a private client.
              4. *- Contact info: click on my name (blue-highlight link).

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
              X