• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wickerman
    <Very Big Grin>

I have to say, Rodent1 needs a blog.
    A blog or a bog?!
    'Pause you who read this, and think for a moment of the long chain of iron or gold, of thorns or flowers, that would never have bound you, but for the formation fo the first link on one memorable day'. Charles Dickens, Great Expectations

Comment

Time out!

The Rodent
      A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.
      W.Churchill

Comment

Always more fun if the guy the other side of net would hit the ball instead of having a John Mac Paddy tho. Lots of balls sent over and failed to be returned!

IT WAS OUT I TELL YOU!

Shame to break the rally so consistently .

The Rodent
        A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.
        W.Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by Rodent1 View Post
          Lots of balls sent over and failed to be returned!
          Yes, but it isn't customary for one's opponent to serve several dozen balls at the same time, many of which are almost certainly not going to clear the net, some of which may just about land within the line, and a large number of which are destined for the car park. It rather diminishes the enjoyment of the game for both participants and spectators.

Debating is meant to be a battle of wits, not a war of attrition.
          Health Warning

I try my best to be accurate, but please bear in mind that some posts are written in a matter of seconds and often cannot be edited later on.

All information contained in my posts is given without any assumption of responsibility on my part. This means that if you rely on my advice but it turns out to be wrong and you suffer losses (of any kind) as a result, then you cannot sue me.

Comment

Just picked them all up and sent them back!
            You back on court then ?...your serve.

The Rodent
            W.Churchill

Comment

Just picked them all up and sent them back!The Rodent
              But you didn't!
              You just had a nasty dose of verbal diarrhoea! All over the court.
              'Pause you who read this, and think for a moment of the long chain of iron or gold, of thorns or flowers, that would never have bound you, but for the formation fo the first link on one memorable day'. Charles Dickens, Great Expectations

Comment

Originally posted by mind the gap View Post
                But you didn't!
                You just had a nasty dose of verbal diarrhoea! All over the court.
                Having reviewd the last few posts i note that the vast majority of my replies were one line answers ...there were a lot of them , granted, but a lot of balls were slung my way!

The Rodent
                W.Churchill

Comment

lot of balls were slung my way!The Rodent
                  I might be naive, but is this code?!

Comment

Originally posted by mind the gap View Post
                    I might be naive, but is this code?!
                    Hi MTG

Code?
                    Plain English without a doubt !
                    As clear as testicular problems are to the beholder of such methinks!

The Rodent
                    W.Churchill

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• New House Is Filthy and Scruffy
                      by emkat11
                      Hi, I’m a new tenant and was just looking on some perspective.

I signed for a property via a Lettings agent recently, I was told upon signing the inventory showed some cleaning discrepancies however I don’t mind cleaning so was happy to proceed. I’d had a viewing and was told everywhere...
                      16-04-2021, 17:46 PM
                    • Reply to Sink blocked for almost 3 weeks
                      by philg
                      not too long ago i had a bath that would not empty , tried the usual sink unblockers to no avail. had to take all the drainage apart and clean it out ... it was old grouting that had blocked it and only physically cleaning it did the job . the op is quite right to inform the landlord and lets hope they...
                      16-04-2021, 17:40 PM
                    • Sink blocked for almost 3 weeks
                      by sushi
                      My kitchen sink has been blocked for almost 3 weeks.

The landlord/agent has been dragging his feet getting a plumber out and when someone did come, they confirmed my suspicions that it's something more just needing to pour some unblocker down (this is why I haven't called someone out myself...
                      13-04-2021, 18:06 PM
                    • Reply to Options if eviction ban is not lifted
                      by nukecad
                      Thanks jpkeates,

I was't sure at all how already having an existing PO and trying to start a new eviction process would work.
                      But suspected that it wouldn't work. or would cause problems.
                      16-04-2021, 17:24 PM
                    • Options if eviction ban is not lifted
                      by Perce
                      Hello All

I am waiting for an eviction ban to be lifted but as time goes I lose hope that it will happen in the near future or ever. What then are our options to get our property back if the tenant never moves out ? My tenant won’t move out until bailiffs evict him. I have PO based...
                      16-04-2021, 10:07 AM
                    • Reply to Sink blocked for almost 3 weeks
                      by Codger
                      Usually heat is the best unblocker as it melts the fat. I get it dry then add boiling water from the kettle. But it wont melt candle wax.
                      most plumbers would dismantle a sink waste pipe if theycouldnot unblock it.
                      16-04-2021, 17:16 PM
                    • Reply to Question about rented house extension
                      by Neelix
                      hit, nail and head.

I think the OP needs to have a clear mind about what they want to do and apply for planning ..............
                      16-04-2021, 17:07 PM
                    • Question about rented house extension
                      by ss1981
                      Hi all, I have a rented house - three bed end terrace, which has been rented to the same lady and her children for over a decade, with no major problems on either end.

There is a plot of land next to the house that I am currently in the process of purchasing off the council. I would like...
                      13-04-2021, 17:30 PM
                    • Reply to New AST under probate
                      by PGTV
                      There is a Will. Joint executor

grant probably within a 2-3months...
                      16-04-2021, 17:06 PM
                    • New AST under probate
                      by PGTV
                      Hi. Quick question

property portfolio is under probate.

the land-lady (Mum) used the family office address as the landlord address on the tenancy agreement, rather than her home address. Always did this for 20 odd years.

Under probate, I have to sign a new tenancy...
                      16-04-2021, 14:51 PM
                    Working...
                    X