Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Selina
    replied
    Thank you to all for all your advice and feedback - much appreciated, it's very helpful.

Leave a comment:

• greengriff
    replied
    Hi Selina,

The other posters are quite correct and if you try it they may well pay out. However it is almost certain that they will then claw back the money later on when the case is reviewed (as most HB cases are), which will be VERY tough on you if you've spent the money. The whole situation is best avoided. Perhaps you can offer another local landlord you know your sister as a tenant in exchange for the next suitable one they get?

Leave a comment:

• justaboutsane
    replied
    Nope you are related! Thats all they see. You would have to prove that everything is above board.

My Mum was able to rent from her Brother in Law on HB but they had to jump through hoops to prove it was a business arrangement.

Leave a comment:

• Selina
    replied
    Hi Jeffrey,

Thank you for your reply. Our finances are independent, we don't live together and I won't be living in that property - would this have any bearing?

Thanks - much appreciated.

Leave a comment:

• jeffrey
    replied
    Originally posted by Selina View Post
    Hi,

I would like some advice on renting to my sister. I own a flat which was previously rented and is now vacant. My sister is claiming housing benefit and looking for a place to rent. Is it possible for me to rent my flat to her via DSS?

Thanks in advance.
    Not easy. The official assumption is always going to be that you + she are defrauding the DSS (even though you aren't!)

Leave a comment:

• Selina
    started a topic Renting DSS Flat to My Sister

Renting DSS Flat to My Sister

Hi,

I would like some advice on renting to my sister. I own a flat which was previously rented and is now vacant. My sister is claiming housing benefit and looking for a place to rent. Is it possible for me to rent my flat to her via DSS?

Thanks in advance.

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
X