TDSL delays?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TDSL delays?

I have recently ended a tenancy because of arrears. My letting agents claimed the deposit from them to cover these arrears. The tenants disputed this and it went to TDS (apparently).

This was on the 2nd Sept, but I've heard nothing from TDS - and my agents are not very helpful. Has anybody any experience of how long this sort of thing normally takes?

Originally posted by Churchy View Post
    I have recently ended a tenancy because of arrears. My letting agents claimed the deposit from them to cover these arrears. The tenants disputed this and it went to TDS (apparently).

This was on the 2nd Sept, but I've heard nothing from TDS - and my agents are not very helpful. Has anybody any experience of how long this sort of thing normally takes?
    BY 'it went to TDS', what do you mean, exactly?
    Ask your letting agent what documents they have forwarded to the TDS in support of your claim (to hold back the rent arrears from the deposit). If they are managing it for you, they should be able to tell you what they've done.

It is not good enough of them be unhelpful! You're paying their wages.

Not many people will have had direct experience of this yet, but you could try emailing the TDS quoting your reference number and ask them what's happening.
    'Pause you who read this, and think for a moment of the long chain of iron or gold, of thorns or flowers, that would never have bound you, but for the formation fo the first link on one memorable day'. Charles Dickens, Great Expectations

Comment

Originally posted by Churchy View Post

This isnt very helpful to you I know, but may be for the future. I have dealings with two agents, one reg with TDS and one not. I am registered with DPS (it is free) and lodge and manage my deposits myself, much better

Comment

Update

I have spoken to TDSL - they tell me that it takes about 2 to 3 weeks to get a dispute into the system, before they actually do anything about it.... This has now been 4 weeks without anything from them, so even that 2/3 weeks is a bit optimistic!

Comment

Further update

Not really a query, but still waiting for TDSL to log my dispute "in the system". They can't even give me a reference number yet!

If you're considering which dispute service to go with - my recommendation is not TDSL!

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
          X