Deposits not held for security

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Brixtonia View Post
    Can the landlord take the "administration fee" route? Then the agreement is with the landlord.
    It may be possible to draw up something, but it would have to be carefully worded. On the one hand you may inadvertently create a contract for a tenancy and on the other a contract that would fail because it is deemed unfair.

Comment

I paid my holding deposit before any terms and conditions were set up. Only upon seeing the receipt did I realise that the deposit is non- refundable. There have been no said obligations of the landlord. So where does that leave me to get my money back?

Comment

Originally posted by purple_rain View Post
        I paid my holding deposit before any terms and conditions were set up. Only upon seeing the receipt did I realise that the deposit is non- refundable. There have been no said obligations of the landlord. So where does that leave me to get my money back?
        So long as you can prove it, quite good.

Go to this page http://www.oft.gov.uk/shared_oft/rep...rms/oft356.pdf and look at paragraphs

3.37-3.43
        3.67-3.69

and also at page 79

Comment

Would providing the receipt as evidence with the T&Cs on and showing that I've signed nothing prior to this be enough?

Thank you again for being so helpful

Comment

Originally posted by purple_rain View Post
            Would providing the receipt as evidence with the T&Cs on and showing that I've signed nothing prior to this be enough?
            Since I was never a litigator I cannot say for sure, but I would guess it would be.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
            X