BBC programme seeks pest-infested homes/businesses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Next programe pilot idea: non-TV-owning households infested by angry but misguided letters from TV Licensing Centre, Bristol?
    JEFFREY SHAW, solicitor [and Topic Expert], Nether Edge Law*
    1. Public advice is believed accurate, but I accept no legal responsibility except to direct-paying private clients.
    2. Telephone advice: see http://www.landlordzone.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=34638.
    3. For paid advice about conveyancing/leaseholds/L&T, contact me* and become a private client.
    4. *- Contact info: click on my name (blue-highlight link).

Comment

Originally posted by fever1 View Post
      Thanks for everyone's interest, the show aims to inform the public on what they should be doing to prevent pest infestation, it has no hidden agenda - it is untelevised, anonymous to the location/owners and the landlord/owner/tenant will not appear on camera.

We have a group of professional pest technicians who will rid the building of pests (absolutely free). The reason why we are filming the show (even though it isnt been televised) is that when you develop an idea for a show you often make a pilot so you can give people a taste of what the show will be like.

Now it's been explained a bit more and if anyone feels they can help then it would be much appreciated, we are looking to film next week so are looking for places asap.

I can be contacted directly on mike.walker@fevermedia.co.uk

I smell a rat. Or a big cockroach, at least. How can you inform the public about preventing pest infestation if you have no intention of broadcasting the programme?

This sounds like a plug for a pest control company, full stop.
      'Pause you who read this, and think for a moment of the long chain of iron or gold, of thorns or flowers, that would never have bound you, but for the formation fo the first link on one memorable day'. Charles Dickens, Great Expectations

Comment

Fever can be caused by mosquitos, not usually cockroaches/ants/other pests!
        JEFFREY SHAW, solicitor [and Topic Expert], Nether Edge Law*
        1. Public advice is believed accurate, but I accept no legal responsibility except to direct-paying private clients.
        2. Telephone advice: see http://www.landlordzone.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=34638.
        3. For paid advice about conveyancing/leaseholds/L&T, contact me* and become a private client.
        4. *- Contact info: click on my name (blue-highlight link).

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Reply to My tenant lied to me
          by theartfullodger
          As a stupid landlord I take grave exception to your slur, Sir!

Next week, amazing, unexpected, revelations that from time2time landlords lie to tenants.............. and agents from time2time lie to landlords AND tenants... and MPs & a particular special adviser seem to lie to most...
          03-06-2020, 16:22 PM
        • My tenant lied to me
          by Uklondoner
          My tenant lied to me saying he missed the first universal credit payment. But actually according to one of my friend the payment normally only take two weeks to come directly to the bank account. What can I do? Can I find a way to let the universal credit directly make overdue rent payment? I really...
          03-06-2020, 09:54 AM
        • Reply to Access to sheds
          by DPT57
          Possibly, although I was basing my comment on this phrase in the original post:...
          03-06-2020, 16:21 PM
        • Access to sheds
          by endymion
          Hi. We have been renting a flat for the past decade under an Assured Shorthold Tenancy. The flat is one of five in a single block. The back garden contains a large outbuilding comprising ten sheds. Implicitly, then, two sheds per flat. The inventory does contain the wording 'Garages, Sheds, Outbuildings:'...
          03-06-2020, 10:09 AM
          by Uklondoner
          Thanks so much !...
          03-06-2020, 16:21 PM
          by AndrewDod
          Then you need to go the route I said. Unless there is a lease which specifically defines the demise of Flat X that includes the shed(s) there is no reason at all to explicitly exclude anything....
          03-06-2020, 16:17 PM
          by nukecad
          As it's UC then as a landlord you need to submit a form UC47 to apply to the DWP for a 'Managed Payments to Landlord', which can include an amount for arrears.
          However any repayment of arrears granted will be on a 'pay back at so much a month' basis.

UC47's can now be submitted online....
          03-06-2020, 15:51 PM
          by endymion
          Well, partly, but mainly I'm considering whether the sheds would have to be explicitly excluded from the tenancy in the AST. It's a question of what would be considered the default position in law....
          03-06-2020, 14:53 PM
          by endymion
          Interesting. I'll have to cross that bridge when I come to it. Nonetheless, if the deeds stipulate that the sheds are part of the flat, rather than communal, surely that's quite a different matter....
          03-06-2020, 14:52 PM
          by MdeB
          I believe the OP is coming from the position of:
          • The LL has granted us the right, beyond the tenancy agreement, to use two sheds.
          • Would the law consider that having granted that use, the LL cannot unilaterally withdraw the use of those sheds?
          03-06-2020, 14:48 PM
        Working...
        X