BBC programme seeks pest-infested homes/businesses

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    BBC programme seeks pest-infested homes/businesses

    Rats, mice, bedbugs??

    Do you have a serious pest problem in your home or business?

    We are filming a pilot for an exciting new television programme and need a house or business with a serious vermin infestation.

    We have one of Britain’s top pest exterminators who will rid you of your vermin problem – and it will cost you absolutely nothing! All we need to do is film them as they work.

    This is not for broadcast – so the nation need never know about your infestation!

    #2
    Ask Robert Peston?
    JEFFREY SHAW, solicitor [and Topic Expert], Nether Edge Law*
    1. Public advice is believed accurate, but I accept no legal responsibility except to direct-paying private clients.
    2. Telephone advice: see http://www.landlordzone.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=34638.
    3. For paid advice about conveyancing/leaseholds/L&T, contact me* and become a private client.
    4. *- Contact info: click on my name (blue-highlight link).

    Comment


      #3
      Will it work on my Sister-In-Law's kids?
      I also post as Moderator2 when moderating

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by Mars Mug View Post
        Will it work on my Sister-In-Law's kids?
        No, but it might work on your Ant's.
        JEFFREY SHAW, solicitor [and Topic Expert], Nether Edge Law*
        1. Public advice is believed accurate, but I accept no legal responsibility except to direct-paying private clients.
        2. Telephone advice: see http://www.landlordzone.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=34638.
        3. For paid advice about conveyancing/leaseholds/L&T, contact me* and become a private client.
        4. *- Contact info: click on my name (blue-highlight link).

        Comment


          #5
          If it's never going to be screened, why are you filming it, exactly?
          'Pause you who read this, and think for a moment of the long chain of iron or gold, of thorns or flowers, that would never have bound you, but for the formation fo the first link on one memorable day'. Charles Dickens, Great Expectations

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by mind the gap View Post
            If it's never going to be screened, why are you filming it, exactly?
            Might be an InSects-Maniac.
            JEFFREY SHAW, solicitor [and Topic Expert], Nether Edge Law*
            1. Public advice is believed accurate, but I accept no legal responsibility except to direct-paying private clients.
            2. Telephone advice: see http://www.landlordzone.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=34638.
            3. For paid advice about conveyancing/leaseholds/L&T, contact me* and become a private client.
            4. *- Contact info: click on my name (blue-highlight link).

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by mind the gap View Post
              If it's never going to be screened, why are you filming it, exactly?
              Possibly cos its a pilot, so only the beeb's programming people get to see it when they make a decision on if they're going to air the program?
              My views and posts are based on my opinion and any advice given is just that, advice. If you decide to act on any advice given it is with the full knowledge that I am not perfect and anything I say could be wrong!

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by Sorrel View Post
                Possibly cos its a pilot, so only the beeb's programming people get to see it when they make a decision on if they're going to air the program?
                Could be an undercover way of exposing cockroachy landlords!
                'Pause you who read this, and think for a moment of the long chain of iron or gold, of thorns or flowers, that would never have bound you, but for the formation fo the first link on one memorable day'. Charles Dickens, Great Expectations

                Comment


                  #9
                  Have Just Completely decorated one of my props............ 4 "professionals" who called me in because downstairs lighting circuit "tripped" out and would not reset ....electrician refused to work in there due to "extravagant excess of mouse pooh " called environmental health in and had biggest wobly fit yet on any T .............absolute disgrace ........4 rooms (1 contract ) one girl pregnant ...........

                  Council pest control laid 49 "pots " of poison ....all cupboards FULL of m poo ...worktops ...inside ceiling light roses ............saucepans ....kitchen drws...on top of hifi ,tv, micro wave ..UURRRGGGGGGGGGHHHHH ......every where .......

                  £400 rewire bill to replace "chewed" wires ...........

                  I hope agent "I love T " is reading this !!!!!!!!!!!!

                  T left of own accord (so would Bloody I !!!!!!!!!!!!!!) it was absolutely disgusting .

                  House now mint (after 4K redec and DEEP and i mean DEEP clean !!!!) T paid £900(BOND) i paid rest
                  (HMMMMMMMM that seems fair ?..................NOT !!)2 mths void (aaaaaaaaaaaaah the joys of being a LL ....!!))

                  Relet from mon for 3 yrs to loc council to to asylum seekers (hoooray .........until next time ........!!!!!!!)



                  Oh and just in case anyone was thinking this hse was a sht hole B4 I let it to them ...It had a full refurb 2 yrs ago (inc a jucuzzi bath ) !!!!!!!!!!!!


                  Seriously .........some T are complete and utter pigs ....make NO mistake ...........


                  as for tv ..................Sorry all done and dusted .......also NO desire to become famous !!!!!!!


                  The Rodent
                  A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.
                  W.Churchill

                  Comment


                    #10
                    My gosh ,the asylum seekers will never want to go back if they can get houses with jacuzzi baths ect, FREE!!!!!

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Originally posted by Izzycam View Post
                      My gosh ,the asylum seekers will never want to go back if they can get houses with jacuzzi baths ect, FREE!!!!!
                      I should think that not living in fear of your own and your children's lives, in the place you used to call 'home', (but can no longer), would be a more significant motivation.
                      'Pause you who read this, and think for a moment of the long chain of iron or gold, of thorns or flowers, that would never have bound you, but for the formation fo the first link on one memorable day'. Charles Dickens, Great Expectations

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Rodent (ha, the irony is inescapable!)...

                        Make a condition of the next tenancy agreement that they must like cats, and agree to keep one at the property fo the entire duration of the tenancy.

                        Better the occasional dead mouse lovingly left in your young professionals'/asylum seekers' breakfast bowls of a morning, than about 400 live ones runnig round your cupboard peeing* continuously, I always say.

                        (*Apparently mice are incontinent - they lack the mechanism in their bladder which allows other animals to control/stop the flow. Semms a bit of a deisgn fault, really).

                        Sorry if that put you off your cornflakes!
                        'Pause you who read this, and think for a moment of the long chain of iron or gold, of thorns or flowers, that would never have bound you, but for the formation fo the first link on one memorable day'. Charles Dickens, Great Expectations

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Originally posted by mind the gap View Post
                          I should think that not living in fear of your own and your children's lives, in the place you used to call 'home', (but can no longer), would be a more significant motivation.
                          Yes I agree..I did make a bit of an underhand comment but statistics show that there is a high percentage of people faking assylum, (the government are currently trying to clamp down, ) which is a shame for the genuine one's.

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Thanks for everyone's interest, the show aims to inform the public on what they should be doing to prevent pest infestation, it has no hidden agenda - it is untelevised, anonymous to the location/owners and the landlord/owner/tenant will not appear on camera.

                            We have a group of professional pest technicians who will rid the building of pests (absolutely free). The reason why we are filming the show (even though it isnt been televised) is that when you develop an idea for a show you often make a pilot so you can give people a taste of what the show will be like.

                            Now it's been explained a bit more and if anyone feels they can help then it would be much appreciated, we are looking to film next week so are looking for places asap.

                            I can be contacted directly on mike.walker@fevermedia.co.uk

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Originally posted by fever1 View Post
                              Thanks for everyone's interest, the show aims to inform the public on what they should be doing to prevent pest infestation, it has no hidden agenda - it is untelevised, anonymous to the location/owners and the landlord/owner/tenant will not appear on camera.

                              We have a group of professional pest technicians who will rid the building of pests (absolutely free). The reason why we are filming the show (even though it isnt been televised) is that when you develop an idea for a show you often make a pilot so you can give people a taste of what the show will be like.

                              Now it's been explained a bit more and if anyone feels they can help then it would be much appreciated, we are looking to film next week so are looking for places asap.

                              I can be contacted directly on mike.walker@fevermedia.co.uk

                              Yeh see told you it was a pilot! I could be in telelvison me! hehe
                              My views and posts are based on my opinion and any advice given is just that, advice. If you decide to act on any advice given it is with the full knowledge that I am not perfect and anything I say could be wrong!

                              Comment

                              Latest Activity

                              Collapse

                              Working...
                              X