What date to serve notice please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What date to serve notice please

Could anyone please tell me the correct date to serve notice on my Tennant please, she moved in and signed contracts on the 2/07/07 on a 6 months shorthold assured tennancy agreement (payable every Monday),She owes me £900.. Any help much appreciated, also is there a form I could download to send her. Thanks

Do you mean under s.8 or s.21? There are losts of threads on each and how to set correct dates.
    JEFFREY SHAW, solicitor [and Topic Expert], Nether Edge Law*
    1. Public advice is believed accurate, but I accept no legal responsibility except to direct-paying private clients.
    2. Telephone advice: see http://www.landlordzone.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=34638.
    3. For paid advice about conveyancing/leaseholds/L&T, contact me* and become a private client.
    4. *- Contact info: click on my name (blue-highlight link).

Comment

I think under section 8 as she owes more than 2 months rent, or will very soon.Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Izzycam View Post
        I think under section 8 as she owes more than 2 months rent, or will very soon.Thanks
        You can use s.8 re rent on g8 (> two months' unpaid), g10 (any rent unpaid), or g11 (persistent late payment).
        Once Notice validly served, wait two weeks and then begin proceedings.
        JEFFREY SHAW, solicitor [and Topic Expert], Nether Edge Law*
        1. Public advice is believed accurate, but I accept no legal responsibility except to direct-paying private clients.
        2. Telephone advice: see http://www.landlordzone.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=34638.
        3. For paid advice about conveyancing/leaseholds/L&T, contact me* and become a private client.
        4. *- Contact info: click on my name (blue-highlight link).

Comment

Thanks, that's great, normally use a solicitor but she's on hols, and I don't want to wait....

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
          X