Moving Lodgers Proving Difficult

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Moving Lodgers Proving Difficult

Move in on a Sunday - pay in advance for week. So the week is Sunday to Saturday.

It's all come to a sticky end and are moving around 7pm on Monday but paid up to Sat 20 Sept.

What should the move out day be? It says in agreement it should be a weekend day a Sat or Sun. I reckon it should really be a Sun allowance for moving in out. So if they don't go till on a Monday, should I still charge for the Sunday 14th.

If they had been staying the next due date would have been Sun 14th (tomorrow as it's the start of a new week) So should I deduct the one day (the Sunday) from the Money I owe them for - (Mon Move out day), tues, weds, thursday, fri, sat i.e 6 days
    They insist I owe them for 7 days. Am I wrong in my maths?

On top of this my hubby is away all day Monday and I'll be on my own, but I'll have my nephew here who will sort them out. I will make sure my little children are safe with other relatives and not in the house.

I've also spoken to the boys in blue and they said keep your mobile and call us if there's any problems whatsoever.

Any way the Q is do I owe them 6 day or what they are insisting 7?

Please someone get back to me asap.

Comment

If they are still in residence on Sunday then they owe Sunday!
      GOVERNMENT HEALTH WARNING: I am a woman and am therefore prone to episodes of PMT... if you don't like what I have to say you can jolly well put it in your pipe and SMOKE IT!!

Oh and on a serious note... I am NOT a Legal person and therefore anything I post could be complete and utter drivel... but its what I have learned in the University called Life!

Comment

thank you. you are a star.

Comment

I agree - they owe you for the Sunday. Sounds like you've got a sticky situation under control - well done and good luck.

R

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
          X