Deposit money - TDS - use as rent money

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deposit money - TDS - use as rent money

Apologies in advance if this turns out to be a silly question but i was wondering if you anyone could let me know if the tenant and landlord agree to use the deposit money as rent money is this allowed? The deposit money has been logged with TDS, unfortunately the tenants have come across some financial problems and have asked to do this. The property is in good order and i believe very soon they will be in a sound financial position again. Can i therefore remove the money from the TDS?
    Thanks in advance.

I have no idea if it's legal or not but ARE YOU MAD! They are in financial difficulties but you aren't worried about the rent being paid? Just tell them it can't be done.

Comment

Originally posted by MaryQK View Post
      Apologies in advance if this turns out to be a silly question but i was wondering if you anyone could let me know if the tenant and landlord agree to use the deposit money as rent money is this allowed? The deposit money has been logged with TDS, unfortunately the tenants have come across some financial problems and have asked to do this. The property is in good order and i believe very soon they will be in a sound financial position again. Can i therefore remove the money from the TDS?
      Thanks in advance.
      The money is there as damage deposit, I agree with Kathryn- don't do it.

Comment

Ok theoretically lets say Yes ...use it as rent .....NOW demand immediate re-instigation of missing deposit ...........

ie NO DO NOT DO THIS ........

Be clear with T rent is rent ........dep is dep .............now then ...where is the rent ?

The Rodent
        A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.
        W.Churchill

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
        X