Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AST- what documentation needed?

Hi All

Apologies if the answer to this is really obvious but Im fairly new to the whole landlord thing and am trying to get things fully in order.

What documents do I need to provide the tenant with and which ones are optional?

a) copy of signed AST?
    b) copy of signed inventory?
    c) gas safety certificate
    d) energy rating certificate?

Any others? Has the electrical safety cert come in yet?

Don't forget the TDS information!

Originally posted by gabbi8856 View Post
    Hi All

Apologies if the answer to this is really obvious but Im fairly new to the whole landlord thing and am trying to get things fully in order.

What documents do I need to provide the tenant with and which ones are optional?

a) copy of signed AST?

Comment

energy rating cert is for a new tenant who isn't already living at your property i believe from 1st October.

If you are unsure about what to do seek professional Legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by gabbi8856 View Post
        Hi All

a) copy of signed AST?

It's useful to provide a box folder containing a copy of every document relating to the tenancy, (including all those you mention) then they can't complain! I also include copies of receipts/guarantees for items such as boilers, washine machines, fridges etc. (You keep the originals as you own the items and if tenants lose guarantee you may be up the creek)...and a copy of the health and safety info for the property (home security measures, fire safety etc), plus instructions for anything technical such as central heating, etc.

My friend does all this but calls it a 'Welcome Pack' -also puts in ads for local restaurants, phone numbers of doctors, dentists, vets etc. I'm not that nice.

Ours are HMOs, so electrical safety cert and PAT testing stickers on applicances are required. Don't know if that applies to non-HMO.
        'Pause you who read this, and think for a moment of the long chain of iron or gold, of thorns or flowers, that would never have bound you, but for the formation fo the first link on one memorable day'. Charles Dickens, Great Expectations

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
        X