X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SALL
    replied
    Originally posted by firefly View Post
    Hi I have been at this property for 4 years (I posted a while ago but apparently the "rules" have changed as LL is not evicting but "choosing not to renew").

I claim housing benefit and no longer have a guarantor so privately renting is out of the question.

A few queries:

1) I never signed the inventory and returned it.

2) Do I have to leave? I will be homeless.

3) IF by a small percentage I find a LL without needing a guarantor - will I have to be credit checked seeing as I wont be paying the rent but the local council will be.

I visited the local CAB office yesterday and they told me that I dont have any rights as LL has chosen not to renew therefore not a eviction. He has also recently installed double glazing while we were home and obviously didnt tell us he planned to sell at this point.

Please advise.
    Well your landlord is not evicting you, he is just not renewing your tenancy. So basically you will be in a periodic tenancy on a monthly basis. if your landlord want you out, he will have to serve a 2 month section 21 notice. At that point you will have to leave or he would have to evict you by getting a court order.
    At the end of the day, if the landlord wants you out, you will have to go. You might be able to buy some time, by staying put and waiting for the landlord to get a court order, but you will have to leave.

Leave a comment:

• firefly
    started a topic AST- landlord refusing to renew my tenancy

AST- landlord refusing to renew my tenancy

Hi I have been at this property for 4 years (I posted a while ago but apparently the "rules" have changed as LL is not evicting but "choosing not to renew").

I claim housing benefit and no longer have a guarantor so privately renting is out of the question.

A few queries:

1) I never signed the inventory and returned it.

2) Do I have to leave? I will be homeless.

3) IF by a small percentage I find a LL without needing a guarantor - will I have to be credit checked seeing as I wont be paying the rent but the local council will be.

I visited the local CAB office yesterday and they told me that I dont have any rights as LL has chosen not to renew therefore not a eviction. He has also recently installed double glazing while we were home and obviously didnt tell us he planned to sell at this point.

Please advise.

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
X