Credit check and rent guarantee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Credit check and rent guarantee

Hello again ,This may be a stupid question but who normally pays for the credit check,the prospective T or the L,its just that it could cost me alot of cash,if theres 8 or 9 people interested in a property i wish to let,are the rent guarantees worthwhile i see alot of these been offerd with the credit checks,,how would you normally check out a T, thanks in advance for any replys

Originally posted by Peterpan View Post
    Hello again ,This may be a stupid question but who normally pays for the credit check,the prospective T or the L,its just that it could cost me alot of cash,if theres 8 or 9 people interested in a property i wish to let,are the rent guarantees worthwhile i see alot of these been offerd with the credit checks,,how would you normally check out a T, thanks in advance for any replys
    Are you a landlord or an agent?
    'Pause you who read this, and think for a moment of the long chain of iron or gold, of thorns or flowers, that would never have bound you, but for the formation fo the first link on one memorable day'. Charles Dickens, Great Expectations

Comment

Originally posted by mind the gap View Post
      Are you a landlord or an agent?
      Thanks for your reply mind the gap

Landlord (new to the game)just startng off,have had my fingers burnt recently.
      Last edited by Peterpan; 09-09-2008, 22:08 PM. Reason: missed something

Comment

The normal procedure is to invite applicants for a tenancy, select the one(s) you feel would be best, interview them, credit reference them, then (assuming all OK), offer them the tenancy. There's no point in credit referencing 8 or 9. You can't offer them all the tenancy!

However, with the greatest of respect, you need to have any documents or letters proof-read by someone who can punctuate, before you send them out. Your written English is not easy to follow, mainly because you do not punctuate your sentences.
        'Pause you who read this, and think for a moment of the long chain of iron or gold, of thorns or flowers, that would never have bound you, but for the formation fo the first link on one memorable day'. Charles Dickens, Great Expectations

Comment

The normal procedure is to invite applicants for a tenancy, select the one(s) you feel would be best, interview them, credit reference them, then (assuming all OK), offer them the tenancy. There's no point in credit referencing 8 or 9. You can't offer them all the tenancy!

However, with the greatest of respect, you need to have any documents or letters proof-read by someone who can punctuate, before you send them out. Your written English is not easy to follow, mainly because you do not punctuate your sentences.
          Thanks for that,i agree i carnt punctuate for buttons,however doent make me a bad landlord!!

Comment

Thanks for that,i agree i carnt punctuate for buttons,however doent make me a bad landlord!!
            I did not say it did! But being able to communicate clearly in writing (and face to face) is part of being an effective landlord, wouldn't you say? Your customers need to be able to understand you easily and without confusion.

Comment

The tenant would pay for the credit check or tenant assessment as it is also known as.

Do an internet search for tenant assessment and you'll find a few companies that offer this service. The costs per person are not very much.

I have used Letsure and Maras in the past.
              Look at Homelet also.
              There are others.

Comment

Originally posted by SEB View Post
                The tenant would pay for the credit check or tenant assessment as it is also known as.

Do an internet search for tenant assessment and you'll find a few companies that offer this service. The costs per person are not very much.

I have used Letsure and Maras in the past.
                Look at Homelet also.
                There are others.
                Well thank you SEB,At least you answerd my questions without giving me an English lesson

Comment

The truth hurts!

So you thought that was an English lesson? It was just a bit of friendly advice! A real English lesson would be much tougher...!

Comment

The truth hurts!

So you thought that was an English lesson? It was just a bit of friendly advice! A real English lesson would be much tougher...!
                    lol,lol,lol rolleyes:

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
                    X