Referencing landlords?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Referencing landlords?

Is there any mileage in a system where landlords could provide prospective tenants with his/her previous tenant's as references?

What better way to inform the new folk about their experiences, etc?

Of course it would have to be with consents and I am sure the risk of fake tenants would have to be addressed, but what has a good landlord got to lose?

I am sure some landlords do this informally already (formally?) but I've not come across a formalised scheme.

Originally posted by TenantsLuvMe View Post
    Is there any mileage in a system where landlords could provide prospective tenants with his/her previous tenant's as references?

What better way to inform the new folk about their experiences, etc?

Of course it would have to be with consents and I am sure the risk of fake tenants would have to be addressed, but what has a good landlord got to lose?

I am sure some landlords do this informally already (formally?) but I've not come across a formalised scheme.
    More importantly, financial reference in the current climate where LLs are going down the gurgler left, right and centre.

Don't know how it could work in the practical sense,but Ts are at significant risk if LL goes down.
    Now signature free.

Comment

Landlord References

It's no guarantee of course, but membership of one of the Accredited Landlord Schemes and following the code of practise and membership of one of the main Landlord Associations would go some way to reassuring tenants.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
      X