CCJ for £3350 - best way to recover money

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CCJ for £3350 - best way to recover money

My tenant was given a CCJ for the outstanding rent monies owed to me of £3350 plus costs. I know a lot of people say it's impossible to get the money back but I want to try and keep trying until I get it! Has anyone had success and what have been the best ways?
    I think I know where the tenant works so am considering attachment order. I guess he only earns around £12k per annum so are they likely to award it based on this? (He is a single white male with no dependents).
    I have his National insurance number so hopefully this will help track him if he doesn' give me his new address when he leaves the property.

If you know where he works pay £65 and issue an Attachment of Earnings. How much you get per month will depend on what he earns and how much he makes the court believe he need to live with each month. Assess the figures carefully when you receive a copy of his income and expenditure!

Comment

Originally posted by bigbrother456 View Post
      My tenant was given a CCJ for the outstanding rent monies owed to me of £3350 plus costs. I know a lot of people say it's impossible to get the money back but I want to try and keep trying until I get it! Has anyone had success and what have been the best ways?
      I think I know where the tenant works so am considering attachment order. I guess he only earns around £12k per annum so are they likely to award it based on this? (
      I'd definitely go for the attachment of earnings; it's the only way unless he has a bucket of cash or lots of seizable assets, neither of which sound likely.

The order will be based on what the courts think he can afford to pay, once his outgoings are assessed. He will also have to pay the fee for the order, so whatever you get back, provided that's covered it's got to be better than nowt.

You can enquire free of the courts whether he already has an AofE in force; that will help tell you whether it's worth trying your hand, and if there is, yours can get tagged on.

I've just had one granted for £450/month for a £1900 arrears debt, so I'm well chuffed; though my guy earns quite a bit more than yours admittedly.

If I were you I'd be doing some detective work to find out where he works - eg try phoning and asking to speak to him if you think you know, or maybe tail him to work one morning!

Comment

Originally posted by Ericthelobster View Post
        I'd definitely go for the attachment of earnings; it's the only way unless he has a bucket of cash or lots of seizable assets, neither of which sound likely.

The order will be based on what the courts think he can afford to pay, once his outgoings are assessed. He will also have to pay the fee for the order, so whatever you get back, provided that's covered it's got to be better than nowt.

You can enquire free of the courts whether he already has an AofE in force; that will help tell you whether it's worth trying your hand, and if there is, yours can get tagged on.

I've just had one granted for £450/month for a £1900 arrears debt, so I'm well chuffed; though my guy earns quite a bit more than yours admittedly.

If I were you I'd be doing some detective work to find out where he works - eg try phoning and asking to speak to him if you think you know, or maybe tail him to work one morning!
        Search through rubbish often reveals alot. My tenant left behind local newspaper with several properties ringed. Four phone calls and I traced him.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
        X