Possession Order (s.8)- T remains resident; now what?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Possession Order (s.8)- T remains resident; now what?

Hi
    The judge awarded my section 8 judgement against my tenant yesterday under the usual 14 day rule. I was told the best course of action is to get county court bailiffs round on the 15th day to change locks and check he has gone etc.
    Is it really necessary to get the court bailiffss? What other options do I have? I don't mind paying the fee for them but they are not available for at least a month or so which is useless considering I want the tenant out asap!

that is only option if T won't leave.
    Mark Hessel

Any comments I post are just that, comments. Every situation is unique and so you should not apply any comments I make to your situation, no matter how close they may appear to match your circumstances.

Comment

Once the 14 days are up can I go round and change the locks?

Comment

No. Baillifs are your only option. There are no ifs or buts at all.
        Mark Hessel

Any comments I post are just that, comments. Every situation is unique and so you should not apply any comments I make to your situation, no matter how close they may appear to match your circumstances.

Comment

I spoke to my tenant and informed him that if he wasn't out on the specified date then the bailiff's could come round at any date after and evict him and also seize goods. That did the trick, although I did have to wait a week to receive the keys.

Comment

You done well because you can only apply for bailiffs on 15th day asnd it could take another month or two till they come. They also give tenant a weeks notice.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
            X