Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Late AST Renewal

Hi,
    I want to renew my AST with my Tenants and wanted to know if the renewal needs to start the same time as the last lease ended or can it be from any agreed future date? The AST is now a contractrual periodic and I'd like to set up a renewal to avoid a new AST which will require a check out and check in as well as a new deposit. The rent is to stay the same with a six month break clause either side.

If renewal is still possible, where should I find the correct agreement?

Many thanks.

New fixed-term AST begins whenever L and T agree. From expiry of old one until grant of new one, old one continues as statutory periodic.
    JEFFREY SHAW, solicitor [and Topic Expert], Nether Edge Law*
    1. Public advice is believed accurate, but I accept no legal responsibility except to direct-paying private clients.
    2. Telephone advice: see http://www.landlordzone.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=34638.
    3. For paid advice about conveyancing/leaseholds/L&T, contact me* and become a private client.
    4. *- Contact info: click on my name (blue-highlight link).

Comment

Many thanks Jeffery.

If I set up a new AST do I have to do another inventory update and can the existing deposit which is held in the DPS, be left in place for the new term, as the rent has not been changed?

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
      X