What documents will Court need for proceedings?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What documents will Court need for proceedings?

Hello guys,

As my tenant has not paid the rent for 2 successive months (yesterday is again the pay day), I have to go to the court.

Can anyone tell me which document I should bring to the court? Please assist

If you re this bad that you dont know you should serve a S8 notice first before going to court, I recommend you get a solicitor or a fellow landlord who is clued up - otherwise you are going to dig a very deep hole to throw yourself in!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by bncoxuk View Post
      Hello guys,

As my tenant has not paid the rent for 2 successive months (yesterday is again the pay day), I have to go to the court.

Can anyone tell me which document I should bring to the court? Please assist

Pay £75 and join the RLA, they will tell you what forms you need to fill in and how to complete them, much cheaper than solicitors.

www.rla.org.uk

Comment

Hi mate, what is S8 notice? how can I write it?

Originally posted by davidjohnbutton View Post
        If you re this bad that you dont know you should serve a S8 notice first before going to court, I recommend you get a solicitor or a fellow landlord who is clued up - otherwise you are going to dig a very deep hole to throw yourself in!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by bncoxuk View Post
          Hi mate, what is S8 notice? how can I write it?
          Are you a real landlord or is this a wind-up?
          'Pause you who read this, and think for a moment of the long chain of iron or gold, of thorns or flowers, that would never have bound you, but for the formation fo the first link on one memorable day'. Charles Dickens, Great Expectations

Comment

I bought the flat last year, and this is the very first time I tenanted the flat. I never had the experience of dealing with bad tenant.

So what is S8 notice? is there any for download?

Originally posted by mind the gap View Post
            Are you a real landlord or is this a wind-up?

Comment

I worked with a lady once who, when she was bored, used to flick through the classifieds and apply for any job that took her fancy- regardless of what it was. She used to put on a funny accent and ......well maybe you had to be there.

Is this you Debbie?

Comment

..OR, are you the waggish BA pilot who flew us out of kuwait last month and announced "Cabin crew, take your seats for zee take off." ?

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Reply to In Despair
                  by nukecad
                  TBH you should still be paying your rent to your landlord, and he or his insurance should be paying the rent for where you are now.

Main question - Exactly how does heating oil running out "damage" a boiler?

If the fuel runs out the boiler should shut off and just...
                  27-01-2021, 02:10 AM
                • In Despair
                  by Alesar
                  My partner and I have recently been flooded out of our rental - flash flood. We are in temp accommodation but still required to pay council tax on the property. We have been contacted today by the landlord to say that the heating oil had run out and damaged the boiler which they now want us to pay £390...
                  26-01-2021, 23:01 PM
                • Reply to New Lodger putting back moving date
                  by amy131
                  I have moved on, holding deposit returned, asked them not to send me any more messages, they seem to have stopped. Now advertising again.
                  Interestingly their landlord just posted a room advert on facebook, but its for one of the smaller rooms in the house available immediately at just £30 pcm...
                  27-01-2021, 00:04 AM
                • New Lodger putting back moving date
                  by amy131
                  I was due to have a new lodger move in this week. To be honest I felt I made a mistake offering them the room after I said they could have it. My gut feeling just tells me I could have problems with this one. They have come across a little pushy and fussy in emails since and there have been past affordability...
                  25-01-2021, 20:28 PM
                • Reply to In Despair
                  by Alesar
                  The landlord has been in and out f the property constantly dealing with repairmen etc. We are living elsewhere and paying rent on another property until the house is habitable for us to move back in.

The only time we have been back is at the LL request to move our ground floor furniture...
                  26-01-2021, 23:16 PM
                • Reply to Landlords responsibilities and repercussions
                  by boletus
                  It is now.

Now that you've altered your original post......
                  26-01-2021, 23:12 PM
                • Landlords responsibilities and repercussions
                  by BULBASOFUS
                  So this might catch a few of you off guard being a Landlord focused forum rather than a Tenant one, but what the hell.

As the title says I'm just curious what the potential pitfalls are for taking a Landlord to court. Without writing a huge long story, we've rented a property for 10 years...
                  26-01-2021, 16:11 PM
                • Reply to In Despair
                  by ash72
                  Council tax you would still have to pay as you are still living at the property regardless of the situation, it would be like you went on holiday for 2 weeks and you don't think you need to pay for it while your not at the property.

Concerning the heating oil running dry, was it in the...
                  26-01-2021, 23:08 PM
                • Reply to AST notice period
                  by KTC
                  Such X months notice requirement for a fixed term tenancy is almost certainly unenforceable.
                  26-01-2021, 22:57 PM
                • AST notice period
                  by Enyala
                  AST Fixed term ending end February. Agreement says T must give 2 months notice of either wanting a new fixed term or giving up tenancy and leaving. T said last week wanted to stay on but today has given 1 months notice to leave. AST does not state will roll onto periodic after fixed term. Can L hold...
                  26-01-2021, 20:24 PM
                Working...
                X