• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Esio Trot
    replied
    Originally posted by mind the gap View Post
    Thanks!

They were pre-April 07, but some of the 6 have left without giving me a forwarding address. (Gormless or what).

I'll just have to send the deposits to their parents' addresses (tenants are all students) and hope they still live there!

I have emailed them all individually asking for an address, but only 2 have replied.
    IMO you have done enough.

Return the deposits to those who have given you contact details, the remaining deposit portions just keep in your high-interest account until such time as they make contact. You never know, but you might find you still hold one or two in six years time - upon which time the money becomes yours.

Leave a comment:

• mind the gap
    replied
    Thanks!

They were pre-April 07, but some of the 6 have left without giving me a forwarding address. (Gormless or what).

I'll just have to send the deposits to their parents' addresses (tenants are all students) and hope they still live there!

I have emailed them all individually asking for an address, but only 2 have replied.

Leave a comment:

• J4L
    replied
    If the deposits were taken after april 2007 then you should have protected them.
    Thus giving individual names tot he TDS, DPS etc

If taken before I'd be tempted to distribute these yourself individually and then theres no come back on yourself. The deposit belongs to the individual tenant so that's the way should you refund them, there's no guarantee that the one tenant will return it the others.

Leave a comment:

• mind the gap
    started a topic Protocol for returning deposits

Protocol for returning deposits

If deposits were collected separately from each of the tenants in a joint AST, am I required to return them all individually or can I just give the whole lot back (minus deductions) to one tenant , and let her re-distribute the total?

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
X