Tenant In Arrears and Ignoring My Calls...Help!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tenant In Arrears and Ignoring My Calls...Help!!

I have a tenant that gets paid by HB and tops it up by £45.00 per month - she has not paid this for 2 months and now her full rent which was due on the 13th has not been paid by her into my account. I have been calling her for weeks and calling round but she does not answer door. Can I still serve her with 21 or does she have to sign for it???

Any advice would be greatfully appreciated

I would stop the phone calls and calling round for a start. Keep your correspondance to mail only, as you may find yourself in trouble.

Comment

Can I mail a section 21 - does she have to sign for it ????

Comment

can I post a section 21 or does she have to sign for it?

Comment

FGS.. calm done its saturday morning and ppl are still in bed!

NO she does not have to sign for it. Post two copies from 2 post offices and get proof of posting from both.
          GOVERNMENT HEALTH WARNING: I am a woman and am therefore prone to episodes of PMT... if you don't like what I have to say you can jolly well put it in your pipe and SMOKE IT!!

Oh and on a serious note... I am NOT a Legal person and therefore anything I post could be complete and utter drivel... but its what I have learned in the University called Life!

Comment

If the hb gets paid to her write to the council and get it paid to you.

She does not have to sign for s21 just post 2 copies 1 by normall post but get a proof of postage reciept and another by recorded delivery but not put the sticker on it saying who it from cos if the tenant sees it they may not accept it.

Doesnt matter if it is not accepted the judge should accept that as good enough. (

Comment

sorry I did not mean to send that reply twice LOL - I actually just want her out now I think - this is the 2nd time she has messed me about with the rent!

So if I send 2 sec 21 from 2 seperate post offices , what happens if she does not acknowledge them

Comment

proof of postage should be good enough

Comment

not sure if ive posted this, i seem to keep sending things twice

so if i send 2 copies from 2 posst offices what happens if she does not acknowledge it.....

Comment

Thanks Guys for your advice Ill get onto that straight away!!

Comment

Originally posted by Davida1977 View Post
                      not sure if ive posted this, i seem to keep sending things twice

so if i send 2 copies from 2 posst offices what happens if she does not acknowledge it.....
                      Nothing at all - she doesn't need to do so and it's highly unlikely that she will by the sounds of it. The point is that when she fails to move out when requested, and you escalate to getting a posession order, you have reasonable proof that she did receive the S21.

Alternatively you can just post it through the door yourself, but get an independent witness to watch you.

Just make sure you get all the dates right, including dates of service.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
                      X