X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• J4L
    replied
    Apologies to the OP, my mistake.
    Thanks Agent46 for pointing us in the correct direction.

Leave a comment:

• johnboy
    replied
    I give the precribed info out at the same time as the contract, it is part of the standerd ast I use so I dont have to worry about it.

Leave a comment:

• agent46
    replied
    Originally posted by J4L View Post
    Hi Bandit,
    Nothing actually 'prescribed' as re a legal requirement.
    Not so.

By law, a LL is required to give the tenant certain "Prescribed Information" within 14 days of receiving the deposit.

The statutory instrument (the law) is linked here and gives the full SP on what is required: http://www.opsi.gov.uk/si/si2007/pdf...0070797_en.pdf

Leave a comment:

• J4L
    replied
    Hi Bandit,
    Nothing actually 'prescribed' as re a legal requirement.

If you're with the DPS then look at the site and find the terms and conditions page. You can download this in a pdf format if required and/or print this off directly from the viewing page.
    Send a letter to the tenant stating what date you deposited it, where it's actually deposited, the deposit ID, and a copy of the T&C's they provide.

DPS will send Tenant information re their REFUND ID, (not to be mistaken for the deposit ID)

Leave a comment:

• bandit
    started a topic tds rules

tds rules

Hi, can anybody tell me EXACTLY what i need to provide to my tennant by way of 'prescibed information', ive put the deposit in the dps, it still shows 'awaiting clearance' got 14 days to give information to tenant.... do dps send anything to tenant to confirm this or do i print off the page showing payment together with the dps contact details, is there a thread on this site i can refer to? it seems its as much of an offence to not provide the information within the timescale as it is to not protect the deposit within the timescale? thanks

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
X