tds rules

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tds rules

Hi, can anybody tell me EXACTLY what i need to provide to my tennant by way of 'prescibed information', ive put the deposit in the dps, it still shows 'awaiting clearance' got 14 days to give information to tenant.... do dps send anything to tenant to confirm this or do i print off the page showing payment together with the dps contact details, is there a thread on this site i can refer to? it seems its as much of an offence to not provide the information within the timescale as it is to not protect the deposit within the timescale? thanks

Hi Bandit,
    Nothing actually 'prescribed' as re a legal requirement.

If you're with the DPS then look at the site and find the terms and conditions page. You can download this in a pdf format if required and/or print this off directly from the viewing page.
    Send a letter to the tenant stating what date you deposited it, where it's actually deposited, the deposit ID, and a copy of the T&C's they provide.

DPS will send Tenant information re their REFUND ID, (not to be mistaken for the deposit ID)
    Ambition is Critical

I don't profess to be a knowledge in all areas, my advice is based on life experience.

Comment

Originally posted by J4L View Post
      Hi Bandit,
      Nothing actually 'prescribed' as re a legal requirement.
      Not so.

By law, a LL is required to give the tenant certain "Prescribed Information" within 14 days of receiving the deposit.

The statutory instrument (the law) is linked here and gives the full SP on what is required: http://www.opsi.gov.uk/si/si2007/pdf...0070797_en.pdf
      Health Warning

I try my best to be accurate, but please bear in mind that some posts are written in a matter of seconds and often cannot be edited later on.

All information contained in my posts is given without any assumption of responsibility on my part. This means that if you rely on my advice but it turns out to be wrong and you suffer losses (of any kind) as a result, then you cannot sue me.

Comment

I give the precribed info out at the same time as the contract, it is part of the standerd ast I use so I dont have to worry about it.

Comment

Apologies to the OP, my mistake.
          Thanks Agent46 for pointing us in the correct direction.
          Ambition is Critical

I don't profess to be a knowledge in all areas, my advice is based on life experience.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Reply to Newish landlord queries
            by theartfullodger
            Join NRLA and do courses on being a landlird:. Much cheaper than the alternative (lack of knowledge) in both time and money. Even with agent you remain responsible for everything (but may have a later claim against agent).

Have you very carefully read your agreement with agent to find...
            07-07-2020, 10:11 AM
          • Newish landlord queries
            by martysparty99
            Hi all, first time here and looking for some general advice.

Be patient with me as I am a first time landlord!

Let my property back in feb, used an agent that I used to sell our house last year. He said he could do me a good deal on fully managed. 7% which I think is a good...
            07-07-2020, 09:57 AM
          • Reply to Deposit Issue
            by shoobydoo
            Thank you. I will go for cleaning costs and will live in hope that the adjudicators may allow me something.
            07-07-2020, 10:07 AM
          • Deposit Issue
            by tenantputney
            Q1 – Where is the rented property located (England / Wales / Scotland / N Ireland)? England

Q2 – What type of Tenancy Agreement (TA) is this e.g. sole tenant / multiple tenant / room only? Multiple Tenant

Q3 – What date did current TA start dd/mm/yy? July 2017

23-06-2020, 12:20 PM
          • Reply to Suing the Guarantor (small claims court)
            by jpkeates
            You need to sue both of them, or just the tenant.
            If you sue the guarantor, they have a simple defence, in that you haven't exhausted your attempts to recover the money from the tenant.
            07-07-2020, 09:23 AM
          • Suing the Guarantor (small claims court)
            by hadiolar
            Good morning,
            Hope I can get some clarity to my issue
            Background
            Tenant left in April 2020 with monies owed (Court eviction active)
            outstanding rent-£8000
            damage to Ppty-£3000
            letter before action sent to both tenant and guarantor -No response and no payment made...
            07-07-2020, 08:03 AM
          • Reply to Suing the Guarantor (small claims court)
            by ash72
            Which form are you using, you should be using the N1 form, or do it online, the max. you can claim in small £10k.

Success depends on your claim and how much supporting evidence you. Does the guarantor own a property? If so, I would be inclined to go for them, there is much more success...
            07-07-2020, 09:07 AM
          • Reply to small claim court
            by islandgirl
            I had a similar one - had a (non rent) business debt, did money claim online, person admitted debt and offered a stupid £5 a week which I refused. Had a physical hearing and was awarded the full amount. He did not pay - I put a charge on his house (he was a home owner) and went down the High Court...
            07-07-2020, 08:54 AM
          • small claim court
            by Uklondoner
            My tenant owes me rent. I read about this small amount claim court. Anyone here has made such claim and successfully got money back ? Thanks for your attention....
            06-07-2020, 21:05 PM
          • Reply to small claim court
            by Uklondoner
            Thanks for sharing your experience. How long did it take to get the CCJ?...
            07-07-2020, 08:49 AM
          Working...
          X