• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tenant missing for six months; no rent paid either

hi everyone

i have a tennant whos been missing for 6 months

she hasnt paid any rent

what can i do about it?

Er, why did the rent arrears slide to this extent? As soon as one month's rent is unpaid, L should be on to T (failing which serve a s.8 Notice).
    JEFFREY SHAW, solicitor [and Topic Expert], Nether Edge Law*
    1. Public advice is believed accurate, but I accept no legal responsibility except to direct-paying private clients.
    2. Telephone advice: see http://www.landlordzone.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=34638.
    3. For paid advice about conveyancing/leaseholds/L&T, contact me* and become a private client.
    4. *- Contact info: click on my name (blue-highlight link).

Comment

bad management

doesnt it have to be 2 months outstanding

further, she has been missing for months, no ones seen her

should i still issue a section 8? shall i issue a section 21 aswell?

Comment

Originally posted by AndyJohnson View Post
        doesnt it have to be 2 months outstanding
        Not "in arrears". For ground 8 under s.8, in the case of a monthly rent, there must be at least two months' rent unpaid [i.e. not "in arrears"]. If month1's is unpaid, and month2's is not paid on the due date, L can- the very next day (when the rent's one month and one day in arrears)- proceed on the basis that two months' rent payments have fallen due and still remain unpaid.
        JEFFREY SHAW, solicitor [and Topic Expert], Nether Edge Law*
        1. Public advice is believed accurate, but I accept no legal responsibility except to direct-paying private clients.
        2. Telephone advice: see http://www.landlordzone.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=34638.
        3. For paid advice about conveyancing/leaseholds/L&T, contact me* and become a private client.
        4. *- Contact info: click on my name (blue-highlight link).

Comment

section 8 on grounds 8, 10 and 11 pronto pronto and a section 21 for good measure!

If you are unsure about what to do seek professional Legal advice.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
          X