Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flat managed by agency

Hello everyone!

I've just started flat-hunting, and since the whole process is new to me, I'm a little bit confused about flats which are managed by the agency that offers them. My question is: since the point of the management is that the agency would help me if I have a maintenance issue, does that mean that I have to pay them whenever I ask them for such help? Or is that already included in their fee that I'll pay before I move in?

Normally a landlord uses a agent so they dont have to find a tenant or have any dealings with the tenant. If there is a maintenance issue normally the agent deals with it and as long as it isnt something you have broken/missused etc there is no cost to the tenant.

Comment

Originally posted by akasha85 View Post
      Hello everyone!

I've just started flat-hunting, and since the whole process is new to me, I'm a little bit confused about flats which are managed by the agency that offers them. My question is: since the point of the management is that the agency would help me if I have a maintenance issue, does that mean that I have to pay them whenever I ask them for such help? Or is that already included in their fee that I'll pay before I move in?
      The Agency (A) is the Landlord's agent. L pays its fees for work which A carries out on L's behalf.
      So A should not charge anything to you (T) except for work which it carries out only for you.
      For instance, you might ask it to spend time on researching local decorators and to find one that will come out and rectify a mess that your 2-year-old has made to the brand-new decor paid for by L. That's nothing to do with A's work for L, so any fees chageable by A (or by workman via A) would be payable by you.
      JEFFREY SHAW, solicitor [and Topic Expert], Nether Edge Law*
      1. Public advice is believed accurate, but I accept no legal responsibility except to direct-paying private clients.
      2. Telephone advice: see http://www.landlordzone.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=34638.
      3. For paid advice about conveyancing/leaseholds/L&T, contact me* and become a private client.
      4. *- Contact info: click on my name (blue-highlight link).

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
      X