Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Landlord being difficult over deposit

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone could help me...

For the last 5 years I have lived in rented accommodation - the Landlord decided to sell last year to a Development company who are going to knock down the house and add new ones. This is fine as we were ready to move on but now the Landlord is becoming difficult with refunding our deposit.

We had nearly finished clearing everything out of the house when he stopped by the other day to check and he became very picky about the most ridiculous things! For instance, we had a satelitte dish put up and he says it now has to come down as it wasn't there when we took it. He also wants the house cleaned from top to bottom and has said it isn't good enough, even though it is to the same standard as when we moved in.

The house goes into the contractors hands by the end of next month so there will not be anyone else moving into the house.

I looked into the Tenancy Deposit Scheme and Act but unfortunately our deposit was given in 2003 and as far as I am aware if we get into anymore difficulty that is one avenue we cannot go down as our contract has already ended and began before 2007.

I am pretty certain that when he arrives for an inspection for the second time things will not be up to his standard once again.

We have been more than fair tenants, putting up with a small gas leak that cost us a fortune in the gas bill, a cooker not being replaced for two months and rising damp in one of the bedrooms.

Is there anything that you can suggest for this problem?

Thank you

Was there an inventory at the start? Fair wear and tear has to be taken into consideration if there was and if not he will struggle to make deductions, especially as the place is being demolished so does not really matter what it looks like now!

Re the satellite dish.. did he give you permission to have one? But again if its about to be demolished whats the point!

Just sounds like he is trying to keep your money.
    GOVERNMENT HEALTH WARNING: I am a woman and am therefore prone to episodes of PMT... if you don't like what I have to say you can jolly well put it in your pipe and SMOKE IT!!

Oh and on a serious note... I am NOT a Legal person and therefore anything I post could be complete and utter drivel... but its what I have learned in the University called Life!

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Reply to Transferring PO to the High Court
      by Perce
      Nreid-

I have copied the sentence below :

“Court permission is no longer required to transfer your order to the High Court for enforcement by a High Court Enforcement”.

I have already applied for transfer up to HCEO. Just waiting now. Never...
      18-01-2021, 23:05 PM
    • Transferring PO to the High Court
      by Perce
      I have applied to transfer possession order to the High Court for enforcement. How long does it take ? 2 - 3 weeks ? Also do they notify a tenant ?...
      17-01-2021, 10:15 AM
    • Reply to '' Breathing Space '' - Spring Time 2021.
      by Ted.E.Bear
      it is while people are having emergency treatment for serious problems, not just any "mental health issues".
      There are also procedures to get it cancelled if it is unfair or if the debtor could afford to pay....
      18-01-2021, 21:50 PM
    • '' Breathing Space '' - Spring Time 2021.
      by Hudson01
      https://www.nrla.org.uk/news-breathi...reak-from-debt

Not too sure if this has been posted before but i have not see it........ should be interesting.

This little bit worried me ............'' the Breathing Space ends 30 days after the tenant’s treatment ends.''
      16-01-2021, 10:12 AM
    • Reply to Transferring PO to the High Court
      by nreid
      Perce, are you quite sure that you don’t need permission? I had a successful hearing about this in Jan. It was s8 so could evict now but need to certify the six months arrears. HCEO are private companies who are raring to go and will sort the high Court paperwork for you as part of the package....
      18-01-2021, 21:43 PM
    • Reply to Court review
      by ddq
      Hi all, can you give mesome more insight please. If I don't need HCEO, I don't need any writ of control, do I? The solicitors don't have to waste time and money on it at all, so should refund me the total fee for that line item HCEO, or is there any work they have to do in relation to that? I just wanted...
      18-01-2021, 20:14 PM
    • Court review
      by OS7
      Hi,
      My possession claim is up for review today. I thought “ finally” . It was marked on review documentation to be at 12:00 05/11. I received no calls from anyone as yet. Could someone who has undergone review, please let me know if I have to make the call. I am worried that no one...
      05-11-2020, 15:15 PM
    • Reply to '' Breathing Space '' - Spring Time 2021.
      by Hudson01
      I can see what jpkeats is saying, and when you read into it, it does state who can determine if the tenant will be protected by that particular clause in the legislation but as with all these things they start off stern but often slide and more people than ever imagined come under the umbrella....
      18-01-2021, 18:20 PM
    • Reply to Working Tenants but UC Top-up.
      by nukecad
      It's not quite against the law yet, but it's coming soon and so insurers and mortgage providers are changing their terms and ammending terms for existing policies so that those terms don't exclude benefit claimants from rentals, many already have.

There have been a couple of court cases...
      18-01-2021, 18:07 PM
    • Working Tenants but UC Top-up.
      by Claymore
      Hi

One of my long term tenants (almost 10 years) who had always received housing benefit top up. She has never been a day late with rent or short even. She has now relocated and is temporarily staying with me. Straight away, she has found a job and now she is looking for a new property....
      18-01-2021, 11:35 AM
    Working...
    X