X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ricard00
    replied
    Originally posted by Paul_f View Post
    Unfortunately without the keys the tenancy hasn't been brought to an end. You have done the right thing about an abandonment notice, but you need to stick one on all entrance/exit doors, not just say, the front one.

As there are apparently rent unpaid it is up to you whether you pursue this through the courts and obtain an Order of Possession, or act on your abandonment notice.
    I suspect that there will be no keys returned.

The T or their family have trashed a Lime Stone Fireplace which was stunning and appears (from outside) to be scratched (with names carved) to bits.

Am I able to change the locks, informing the T via the abandonment notice (I'll put one on the back door too) that new keys are available?

Cheers,

Leave a comment:

• PaulF
    replied
    Unfortunately without the keys the tenancy hasn't been brought to an end. You have done the right thing about an abandonment notice, but you need to stick one on all entrance/exit doors, not just say, the front one.

As there are apparently rent unpaid it is up to you whether you pursue this through the courts and obtain an Order of Possession, or act on your abandonment notice.

Leave a comment:

• Ricard00
    started a topic T Left after S.8 - No Keys Returned

T Left after S.8 - No Keys Returned

Hi,

My T has left the house today after a S.8 was issued by myself with a witness present on Friday.

They have not returned the keys to me.

The house seems empty and the neighbours kindly called me and informed me that the T's were leaving.

As I have had no keys back I have stuck an abandonment notice on the door.

As I had isssued an S.8 on Friday and they seem to have vacated as a result of this can I move to change the locks and prepare for re-letting?
    Last edited by Ricard00; 10-08-2008, 22:26 PM. Reason: Incorrect Spelling in thread title

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
X