Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Getting letting listed on major online portals

Hello everyone,

I'd be very grateful for some advice on how to get some private letting listings registered so that they appear on major lettings portals like rightmove, findaproperty, and propertyfinder.

I know that http://www.landlorddirect.com/ offers a service for £55 and that http://www.discountletting.co.uk/ has a £59 service.

Are these the only ones? Are they any good? Are there better services than these?

I look forward to hearing your thoughts!

Many thanks,

Cam

I wouldn't bother with expense of the main portals for renting out.
    I get loads of responses from Torent.co.uk & gumtree.co.uk.
    Both are free sites.
    Incidently for selling you do need the main portals because buyers don't look at the free sites. I know, I tried a few.
    You can get on Rightmove etc for 1/2 with halfpercent.co.uk Excellent online agents. I sold a property in London using them last year.

Comment

I agree that Gumtree is great for London and the larger cities. It's not so good for more regional areas. Any suggestions about how to (cheaply) get onto rightmove/findaproperty, etc.?

Comment

Originally posted by camngnp223 View Post
        I agree that Gumtree is great for London and the larger cities. It's not so good for more regional areas. Any suggestions about how to (cheaply) get onto rightmove/findaproperty, etc.?
        Use my local gumtree. That is 'Southampton Gumtree'. Torent.co.uk is national. However both attract respondants nationally since anyone moving to Southampton from wherever is likely to look on southampton gumtree becuase when for example they search on google for 'southampton flats to let' their search will return 'southampton gumtree' among others. So google search engine does the same job as the rightmove data base search. Namely returns flats to let in the area they are searching in.

Comment

Originally posted by Pobinr View Post
          I get loads of responses from Torent.co.uk & gumtree.co.uk.
          Just tried looking at www.torent.co.uk and it doesn't have a single property in my town (there are dozens on rightmove).

You can get on Rightmove etc for 1/2 with halfpercent.co.uk Excellent online agents. I sold a property in London using them last year.
          Is that the correct URL? ie www.halfpercent.co.uk? If so, they appear to be gone.

Comment

I can only say torent.co.uk returns dozens of flats to rent in Southampton.
            It's http://www.halfapercent.com BTW

Comment

Originally posted by Pobinr View Post
              I can only say torent.co.uk returns dozens of flats to rent in Southampton.
              It's http://www.halfapercent.com BTW
              Ah, the missing "a" - thanks! Not sure why they give themselves that name - they want a cut of £199 plus 4.5% of all rents, plus VAT, for their tenant-finding service, which includes Rightmove. So I think I'll give that one a miss!

Comment

letmatch.co.uk

Try www.letmatch.co.uk - just put our property on Rightmove through them for £30.

Comment

Portal advertising

I have tried both landlorddirect.com and discountletting, both get your adverts on the major portals. discountletting advertise with more websites but landlorddirect.com actually within the £55 fee erect a To Let Board outside your property and the take it down once let...which seems good value..and I think boards do get your property noticed locally.

Comment

Hmm ...

Thanks for the update. 4letuk does seem like incredibly good value. £15 for a month on Rightmove is very reasonable. The EPCs at just £50 also sound like a great price.

Anyone else had any experience of 4letuk?

Cam

Comment

Originally posted by blackcat830
                      Another site worth mentioning is called rentdirectuk dot co dot uk, if anything they are slightly different from other portals as they have a list of tenants that have been prequalified to choose frpm, you can also advertise your property for free. This is the link if you are looking for tenants
                      There is no limited company with this name as claimed on their web site and the registered address for their domain is the top floor flat in a converted house and which is a different address to their website address.

I would advise anyone to tread carefully if dealing with a company with a profile such as this and postings that do have more than a whiff of iffiness.

Also, why has the poster give their web address in the way they did?

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
                      X