Buying secondhand bathroom suites for refurbs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buying secondhand bathroom suites for refurbs?

Hi
    I am currently starting up in business as a property developer and I was wondering if there is a market for second hand bathroom suites for other property developers maybe those who are aimed at more the cheaper/student end of the market?

I have a 3 piece corner bathroom suite in Champagne/ivory, good condition, that has been removed from my own home and would like to recoup some costs by recycling.

Is this of interested?

Is there a forum for student renters?

Thank you in anticipation of your reply.

Vix

Thanx for the multitude of replies.. I guess I am getting a skip!
    Vix

Comment

Originally posted by VixS75 View Post
      Thanx for the multitude of replies.. I guess I am getting a skip!
      Vix
      Keep calm- it was only a day since you first asked!
      JEFFREY SHAW, solicitor [and Topic Expert], Nether Edge Law*
      1. Public advice is believed accurate, but I accept no legal responsibility except to direct-paying private clients.
      2. Telephone advice: see http://www.landlordzone.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=34638.
      3. For paid advice about conveyancing/leaseholds/L&T, contact me* and become a private client.
      4. *- Contact info: click on my name (blue-highlight link).

Comment

Originally posted by VixS75 View Post
        I was wondering if there is a market for second hand bathroom suites for other property developers maybe those who are aimed at more the cheaper/student end of the market?
        Sounds like a good idea to me. ANY money you can recoup can only be a good thing. If I were you I would advertise your second hand goods on the well know sites:

http://www.gumtree.com/cgi-bin/list_...erms=bathroom+
        http://home-garden.shop.ebay.co.uk/i...Q_sacatZ147156
        http://www.salvo.co.uk/bathroom/forsale.html

Hope this helps.

Comment

Take a pic and sell it on ebay. People buy second hand kitchens off ebay that people would normally skip. It only costs 12p to insert an ad or put it in the local free ads.

Comment

Thanx some good advice there! I will look into those sites thank you OneTwo

(jeffrey sorry - had 38 veiws and not a single yes or no answer! lol)

I did look at ebay, but there is storage for the week of auction, anyone think of a way for a quick turn around....? I suppose I can auction it on ebay before it is removed for collection when removed!

Thank you any more advice would be appreciated.

Vix
            xx

Comment

3 day auction on eBay.

Comment

You could try your local freecycle if you didn't mind not making money out of it and just wanted rid quick. www.freecycle.org

Comment

Sorry but i dont think so. Not to developers anyway.

I have recently completed three flats that are aimed at the low end of the market and so my budget was VERY tight. i bought three brand new modern ,complete white bathroom suites with taps and tiles for under £500.
                  plumbworld take some beating unless you are selling for stupid quid.
                  Lou

Comment

You need to talk to the kind of people such a plumbers who would be fitting bathrooms for LLs as they can pass on the message to the right person.

Many local papers have free ads.

I dont think you will get much for the old stuff, but at least you'll be saving the planet. Although the question is why did you remove a perfectly adequate bathroom from your own home?

Freecycle is probably to only practical way to go; and you will save disposal fees.
                    All posts in good faith, but do not rely on them

You can search the forums here:

Comment

Originally posted by Bel View Post
                      I dont think you will get much for the old stuff, but at least you'll be saving the planet. Although the question is why did you remove a perfectly adequate bathroom from your own home?
                      But champagne, darling? So last century!
                      'Pause you who read this, and think for a moment of the long chain of iron or gold, of thorns or flowers, that would never have bound you, but for the formation fo the first link on one memorable day'. Charles Dickens, Great Expectations

Comment

About 15 years ago our 2 bed flat became a three bed when we moved the kitchen (Shreiber) into the over sized bathroom (all originally installed in the 70's), by making a much smaller bathroom. We kept all the original units and suite but had new worktop. Its still all there, including the Champagne acrylic bath (which I now admit is near the end of its life). So glad we resisted the urge to get new at the time, as 15 years extra life is very satisfying.
                        All posts in good faith, but do not rely on them

You can search the forums here:

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
                        X