Bailiffs/ Possession Order

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bailiffs/ Possession Order

Finally the date of the postponed Possession Order has arrived. I called the Bailiffs Dept and was told I would probably get a date in October!!!

Can anyone please advise me on how to get an earlier date? Can i go to another county court and use their bailiffs?

Also am i right in thinking, after the date of the PO i will need to go to the court with the N325 form and money and it will take a few days before it is passed onto the bailiffs dept - therefore delaying it more?

Any advice much appreciated.

Yes you cant apply for bailiffs until after the date for possession has passed.

Is your tenant waiting for council to house them or will the bailifs actually have to spend time evicting them.

If the former then worth going to speak to the bailiffs and tell them it is possible they may not even have to show up and hence can they fit you in early. Otherwise ask if they have a cancellation.

Comment

Mary

Honestly don't waste your time, I spent everyday onto the court and the baliffs and never helped at all, you have to wait for the PO date to pass, I submitted my N325 the very next day, it took the court around 10 days to process the form, which was then passed to the baliffs, the baliffs then took a further 7 days to send out a date (which was four weeks in advance) so late September early October looks about right.

Its a complete joke, but no amount of chasing made any difference

Comment

I don't think that is good advice.

It just depends on the bailiffs. Go and speak to them, you normally have to go pretty early and they may try and help you.

As for court taking 10 days to turn warrant artound again it depends on the court. My court did it in a day or two.

The bailiffs gave me an appointment 2 weeks after I applied despite their normal time being 6-8 weeks. In the end they did not have to attend as council re-housed.

It is obviously down to luck, but if you don't shoot, you don't score.

Comment

AH

October is still a realistic date, you have had your experience, i've detailed mine, its also the holiday season so lots of staff away etc, at the end of day we can offer our opinion, so September/October looks about right.

Comment

I've been told if you get to the court early enough in the morning and ask to speak to the bailif direct before they go out on their first job of the day they can sometimes fit you in earlier if a space becomes open. It is worth a try you have to go down there any way, just go first thing in the morning.

Comment

Thanks AH and Porridge for your advice.

I guess there is no harm at all in going in person and explaining the situation to the Bailiffs and seeing if there is a possibility they can fit me in earlier. Fingers crossed.

Unfortunately all communication with the tenants have broken down - i don't know if the council has agreed to rehouse them or not (they had rent arrears).

Comment

Originally posted by porridge View Post
                AH

October is still a realistic date, you have had your experience, i've detailed mine, its also the holiday season so lots of staff away etc, at the end of day we can offer our opinion, so September/October looks about right.
                I would agree with your estimations, however you advised the original poster not to bother trying and that is where I beg to differ. If she does not have to travel far from the court then it is worth going to see the bailiff. I went there at around 7.30am one day and got lucky.

Comment

Originally posted by ah84 View Post
                  I would agree with your estimations, however you advised the original poster not to bother trying and that is where I beg to differ. If she does not have to travel far from the court then it is worth going to see the bailiff. I went there at around 7.30am one day and got lucky.
                  Fair enough, I stand corrected, I just vented my frustrated experience, who knows.

Mary

I have written to all the departments at my tenants local council, I am lucky in that I have secured her HB directly to me, I also complained that they haven't rehoused her as yet, my guess is that they will only offer emergency B&B and she has decided to stick around in her/my cosy 3 bed house until the baliffs arrive.

Comment

Just thought i would give an update - i called the bailiffs dept and they were helpful when i explained the situation and said they would give me a call if they had an earlier date. There was a bit of stress waiting for a call but after a few days i got a call and a much earlier date, mid- September! So it is worth trying to speak to them.

Comment

Originally posted by MaryQK View Post
                      Just thought i would give an update - i called the bailiffs dept and they were helpful when i explained the situation and said they would give me a call if they had an earlier date. There was a bit of stress waiting for a call but after a few days i got a call and a much earlier date, mid- September! So it is worth trying to speak to them.
                      Thats great Mary !!!!

Just to let you know, that my tenant left a few days before the baliff was due to arrive, so hopefully you be lucky and get it back even earlier than mid sept.

Comment

You could always keep calling them and ask if they have had any cancellations. They only have to give the tenant weeks notice. I got a date 2 weeks from my request, but was lucky!!!

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Mouldy silicone wear and tear?
                          aciduzzo
                          Tenants are moving out today and i am doing the final inspection later; however, last time i was at the flat i noticed the bathroom was in a poor state.

What is the general opinion on black mould that has formed inside bathroom silicone? Is it considered wear and tear? Also, the seal...
                          03-07-2017, 08:07 AM
                        • Reply to Mouldy silicone wear and tear?
                          mystic08
                          You might like to gift your new tenants some Kilrock mould cleaner which is magic in a bottle! Cheapest in the Pound shop or The Range but supermarkets sell it too. Works brilliantly on algae too. Garden pots, patios, headstones etc.
                          22-07-2017, 20:52 PM
                        • Discussion - GDPR and implications on landlords
                          MrShed
                          I've just posted something on GDPR and then wondered whether it had been discussed on here before - a quick search implies its never been mentioned.

I thought I would raise a topic to discuss it and the implications on landlords.In effect this is a replacement of the Data Protection Act...
                          20-07-2017, 15:01 PM
                        • Reply to Discussion - GDPR and implications on landlords
                          jjlandlord
                          That's the exemption that allows sending data outside of the EEA, which is the issue discussed.

No, because of that very exemption....
                          22-07-2017, 19:19 PM
                        • Referencing question
                          kangoo1
                          A couple wants to rent from me, she is on maternity leave and will not be returning to her previous employment, he is permanently employed and moving due to a job transfer. I have referenced him for the full rent and his guarantor has been successfully referenced.
                          I am going to prepare the ast...
                          22-07-2017, 17:19 PM
                        • Claiming for protected deposit
                          mandm
                          This is an interesting one, got me into a spin.
                          Tenants signed AST but decided to leave after 6 months and 3 days (problem with moving) using the break clause in the AST. I protected the deposit using DPS (Insured) and returned the deposit minus deductions when the moved out.
                          I served the...
                          21-07-2017, 08:00 AM
                        • Reply to Claiming for protected deposit
                          JK0
                          I'll leave it at that. I'm not going to get into one of JPK's interminable arguments.
                          22-07-2017, 16:28 PM
                        • Reply to Discussion - GDPR and implications on landlords
                          jpkeates
                          That's simply one of the Schedule 2 exemptions which, if met, allows a process using personal data at all - all the other principles still apply in parallel (where it can be stored, be not excessive, kept up to date etc).

So, while it might be OK because it relates to a contract, there...
                          22-07-2017, 15:22 PM
                        • Excessive estate agent fees
                          Cml241
                          I have a property which I started renting out via an agency. When the contract started, they found new tenants, did the relevant checks etc and charged an upfront fee which equates to approx one month's rent. As one year has almost passed, the agent has approached me asking if I want them to 'renegotiate'...
                          21-07-2017, 16:26 PM
                        • Reply to Excessive estate agent fees
                          mariner
                          A new 12 month fixed term does provide LL & T with extra security but can lead to complications for either if their resp circumstances/legislation change during the new AST.
                          Personally, I would prefer if a orig AST was for a fixed 6 month term, followed by an SPT that required both LL &...
                          22-07-2017, 14:09 PM
                        Working...
                        X