Homelet References

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Homelet References

    Hi all
    New to this site and very impressed with the knowledge of the members on here. Have one short question.
    Have looked on the Homelet site and want to do a tenant referencing check,have a married couple moving into a property and both are on benefits do i reference both or just the one person who gets the housing benefit paid to them.I looked for a form that would reference both but can't find one.I need to use Homelet reference as i would be taking out their insurance and that would only be valid with their reference.

    Thanks in advance

  • #2

    It's always a good idea to do checks on all adult tenants and make sure their names are on the agreement - if a couple split, either one of them could end up as your sole tenant in this situation. You will need to do these checks separately. Also, don't forget to do identity checks on them yourself before they take-up residence.


    • #3
      On the subject of insurance, Im not sure you will get insurance with a DSS tenant, however, I used homelet once in the same situation as you (i.e. wanted to put just one applicant on the tenancy), problem was she on her own did not meet the income criteria for the insurance, so had to put both on.


      • #4
        rislablister. If you want the Homelet reference form, go to www.homeletuk.com/connect/index.html but I think you might be disappointed as you need an agency reference to get into the site. Try phoning them on 0870 240 2295
        The advice I give should not be construed as a definitive answer, and is without prejudice or liability. You are advised to consult a specialist solicitor or other person of equal legal standing.


        • #5
          erm, no you dont, just goto www.homelet.co.uk, create a login and your away.


          Latest Activity