X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jeffrey
    replied
    Originally posted by Pelican eats pigeon View Post
    Sorry, I was slightly off topic. It just came into my mind when I saw the discussion on RV.
    Always better to start a new thread; otherwise, as here, it's confusing!
    As regards your question: contact HMRC (Valuation Office). That's where newer RVs- and Council Tax bands- are determined.

Leave a comment:

• Pelican eats pigeon
    replied
    Sorry, I was slightly off topic. It just came into my mind when I saw the discussion on RV.

Leave a comment:

• jeffrey
    replied
    That's what I thought. It is most vexing - seems extremely high.
    "Post-1990 conversion"? Is that relevant to an ancient low-rent letting? The RV here is that which s.5 of 1977 Act states, not anything newer.
    See post #2.

Leave a comment:

• Pelican eats pigeon
    replied
    That's what I thought. It is most vexing - seems extremely high.

Leave a comment:

• jeffrey
    replied
    Sorry to go off topic, but is there a mechanism for challenging the RV arbitrarily set by the water company for a post-1990 conversion?
    Probably not now, as RVs are- otherwise- rarely relevant.

Leave a comment:

• Pelican eats pigeon
    replied
    Originally posted by jeffrey View Post
    Local Authority or Water Company.
    Sorry to go off topic, but is there a mechanism for challenging the RV arbitrarily set by the water company for a post-1990 conversion?

Leave a comment:

• uktony5
    replied
    Just saw the post RE the water company now. I'll try them too.

Lawcruncher, yes the deal was that while he tended the grounds (for the whole site) his rent never went up. If I was to convert then there would be no need for him to tend to the grounds anymore.

Leave a comment:

• uktony5
    replied
    I'll get the hang of this one day

I didn't think it was possible to go back to 1970 with rateable values, and a quick call to the VOA they told me they don't keep those records before 1990. My only other port of call would be the council wouldn't it, or is there another source to find this info?

The current RV, if it's any use, is £4550

Leave a comment:

• Lawcruncher
    replied
    I am not sure that looking into what type of tenancy it is helps in this case.

What was the deal the old chap got? Look after the grounds and the rent won't go up. If he has kept to his side he will expect the rent not to go up.

If you attempt to disturb the arrangement and it gets to court, the court will say that you purchased with full knowledge of the arrangement and (presumably) paid a price accordingly, therefore the arrangement is binding on you.

Leave a comment:

• jeffrey
    replied
    Out of interest, where can one generally find this?
    Local Authority or Water Company.

Leave a comment:

• Pelican eats pigeon
    replied
    Out of interest, where can one generally find this?

Leave a comment:

• jeffrey
    replied
    Originally posted by uktony5 View Post
    Ah sorry, misunderstood, you mean what would have been the RV then, this would have been around £5 per week.

Thanks
    STILL NOT RIGHT!
    RV is not a payment nor a 'per week' amount. Instead, it was a set per-property figure as a sort of value of imaginary letting.
    Ignore how it was calculated; just advise us what RV figure was, so as to determine whether 1977 Act protection applies.

Leave a comment:

• uktony5
    replied
    Ah sorry, misunderstood, you mean what would have been the RV then, this would have been around £5 per week.

Thanks

Leave a comment:

• jeffrey
    replied
    Originally posted by uktony5 View Post
    All rates were fully paid by the owner not by the tenant but the rates for that portion of the building would have been around the same as the rent, about £100 per year.

Thanks
    NO- not "How much was paid?" but "How much was RV?"

Leave a comment:

• uktony5
    replied
    All rates were fully paid by the owner not by the tenant but the rates for that portion of the building would have been around the same as the rent, about £100 per year.

Thanks

Leave a comment:

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
X